Police Clearance for PR application

Vanie Plaas

Hello all,

We are currently working in Melbourne on 457 Visas and are now starting the process of applying for PR. :ilikeit:

The most important and time consuming at this stage is obtaining police clearance certificates. (We have already received out Unabridged Marriage and Birth Certificates through Bunnyhop.) We will be using them for the South African police clearance certificate as well. That seems to be all under control.

We have however lived in the US for the last couple of years and therefore need to obtain Criminal History Record Checks from the FBI. Their website states that it takes 16 -18 weeks :holy: from when they receive the request. More than 4 months?!!! for a police certificate in the US?? This seems to be a really long time to wait.

Is there anyone that had to go this route as well, that might have a suggestion on how to speed up the process? Is there a service such as Bunnyhop available for the US?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Vanie

Hi Vanie

Sorry, can't answer your question, however I do have a suggestion. Why don't you try and make contact with a few of the applicants on Austimeline from USA and see if they have a suggestion / advice for you? You could also pop over to our sister site SAUSA and post your query there.

Hope you get some help,

Cindylou

Hello Cindylou,

Thanks for the advice. I did make a posting on SAusa as well. Hopefully there will be someone there that can help.

I will give the Austimeline option a try as well.

Kind Regards

VP