Visitor/Tourist visa

Dedrei

Hi guys

If family come and visit us in Australia, they ask for an invite from us for the visa.

Have some of you done this before and what should this say exactly?

Cheers

D

Many Times.

your name and adress should be on it

dear Jane

I am so excited to hear that you intend visiting me from the 12- 19 th of May.

Although our home is small we will be delighted to have you stay with us for the duration of your visit.

we would love to show you the sights. Please contact me at 66655443 so we can arrange an airport pick up.

love

Deidre.

Thanks QG, my skoonsus stuur hierdie vir my

LETTER OF INVITATION

To: The Australian Government

I, Lentie Smit of 174 ABC Drive, Papendorp, Queensland, Australia of occupation as (gee ook sommer jou werk address hier………………………………………………………., do solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:

1. That my husband, Piet Smit and I are married and resident at the above given address in Australia on a temporary residence visa valid until …………, for the purposes of our employment while in Australia.

2. Proof of my residence in Australia, which we rent, is attached by way of our latest council rates invoice for the above property.

3. That we wish to invite a family member to visit us in Australia for a holiday of less than five weeks duration. The name of the family member given below for such request is direct family to my husband:

Ruschenca Fourie (his sister) The above person is a citizen of South Africa and resides in South Africa permanently.

4. The above relative wishes to travel to Australia from South Africa, due to arrive in Australia on 20 June 2007 and departing to South Africa 18 July 2007.

5. Furthermore I confirm that during her visit to Australia that the above person will be staying at my residence as given at the top of this declaration, as my guest for the entire duration of her visit.

6. During this time I shall support her in every way as may be required. I furthermore confirm that I have sufficient financial means to do so.

7. I also confirm that our visitor has taken out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen medical eventualities that she may encounter while in Australia and fully understand that she will not be entitled to any medical assistance from the government of Australia while in Australia.

8. I confirm that my invited guest is of sound character, has no contagious diseases and has no criminal conviction history whatsoever.

9. I confirm that my invited guest only wishes to visit Australia as a tourist and that she has no intention whatsoever of seeking any form of residence, employment, education or medical treatment in Australia and that she will be returning to South Africa on completion of her vacation with us. My visitor has her own residence in South Africa and has no motivation, intention or ulterior motives to enter Australia other than to visit her family for a short stay holiday.

I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the statements contained in this declaration to be true in every particular.

e-mail:

tel: (work)

mobile:

postal:

Declared by

Australia on 2007 and signed hereunder in person.

Should you have any queries regarding this application or require any further information from me in support of the visa applications for my visitor, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Klink vir my bietjie baie involved. En dis surprise vir manlief, en dit nogal dag of twee voor sy verjaarsdag. Hy gaan so surprised wees en ek kan nie wag nie.

Groete

D

Hi D,

Jou skoonsus se version klink bietjie baie involved!!! Ons het net (sommer ge email) n brief gedoen om te se dat ons, Piet Pompies, nooi vir Jan Dam om by ons te kom kuier vanaf, min of meer datum, vir solank as wat hy wil... dat hy by ons sal bly en dat ons hom op die lughawe sal kry en so aan. Ons het net ons adres en albei my en manlief se kontaknommers ingesit. Dink dis eintlik baie makliker as wat baie mense dit afmaak.

Hier is copy van my invite wat ek gebruik het toe ek Aus toe gekom het....

Dear Caro and Jason,

we would love you to come and visit us in Australia in June, 2006.

We are looking forward to finally meeting you.

We would be more than happy if you would stay with us while you are here.

Looking forward to finally meeting up with you both.

Bronwyn & Rodger Pratt

That was it... short en sweet. Dan het sy natuurlik net hulle adres en kontaknommers en epos bygesit. Sy het dit sommer vir my ge email en ek het dit net uitgeprint met haar email adres op.

Hoop dit help

C

hallo Deidre

baie maklik - stuur net 'n e-mail en sorg dat dit van 'n Australies e-mail address af is

Hier is 'n voorbeeld wat ek vir my ouers gestuur het

Hello Mom and Dad

Please come and visit us next year from 15 March-2007 to 12-April-2007.

You will be staying with us in our spacious home at no 39 Manor Crescent, Wakerley in Brisbane.

Me, my wife and your two grand children are over the moon that you are coming to visit us.

Seeing that we have been here in Brisbane since the 14th of August 2006, we have seen and experienced ample of Brisbane to show you all the good sights and experiences.

I will take leave from my work at QUT during that time to spend more time with you.

We want to show you what a great place Brisbane is and why we took the step to come over on a class 457 visa and stay in Australia for 4 years until August 2010.

All my love

Your son

Hoop dit help

Cheers

Berndt

For what period of time can you apply for a visitors visa ? Is there a maximum period that you can get visitors i.e. 3 months ?

Thanks so much everyone, have sent off an email to her today. Don't know where she got this involved one.

MandyL, you can get a visitor visa for up to 12 months.

Thanks ! I was hoping for something like three months at the most. Don't want visitors for such a long period of time. But will make sure that I make the bookking etc. so that it is only for three months.

• 2 weeks later...

Although the visum is valid for a year, you are only allowed in the country for a 3 month periods.

I have seen there is a special form for people over 70 they should fill in. Do you know on which basis these people would be declined a visitors visa?

The visitor's visa might also have entry restrictions - one entry only - or multiple entries allowed. Something to keep in mind if your visitor plans on going to NZ for example.

Marlene, I know of a lady who had her visa application declined due to ill health.

C'Lou