Brisbanites Get Together!

Lynnie

Hi All Brissies :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Now that we have recovered from krismis and new year - how about that get together we started planning last year?

Shall we consider the original venues for the picnic: Roma street park or Botanical Gardens in Toowong?

And any suggestions for dates? How about in January: 19 or 20 Jan OR in February: 23 or 24 Feb.

Let me know what suits, would be awesome to meet you all :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Jan would suit me better. I have been waiting to visit the Roma Parklands since Fish posted those lovely pictures.

Ok - which day? Shall we make it for the 20th of Jan - around 9.30 at Roma Parklands?

Think I am working the Saturday so Sunday would suit me better...but will check and confirm tomorrow

1-8-train.jpg

Roma Street Parkland Explorer Kiddies Train:

Operating days & times throughout January 2013 will be:

- Friday 4 January through to Sunday 20 January, the train will be operating every day.

- Monday to Friday inclusive – the train will operate from 09:30am – 12:30pm

- Saturdays & Sundays – Train will operate from 10:00am – 3:00pm

Edited by Fish

General walks

Take the chance to learn more about the different aspects of Roma Street Parkland by taking part in a guided walk.

These informative guided walks meander through the stunning displays of the Spectacle Garden, into the misty Fern Gully and down by the lake, past Pandanus Headland. There is also an opportunity to take a closer look at some pieces of art and other sights the Parkland has to offer.

General daily walks depart from The Hub (map ref) at 10am and 2pm and run for 1 hour throughout the Parkland.

Bookings are only essential for groups of 10 or more and 4 weeks notice is required.

Think I am working the Saturday so Sunday would suit me better...but will check and confirm tomorrow

So shall we make it for Sunday then? Around 9.30 at the play area or amphitheater? Remember to look out for the BULLE vlag (specially for you Sharon :whome: ) :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

On second thought Brissies - perhaps we should arrange for a date in March so that everyone can have enough time to plan ahead and book the day? I wouldn't want anyone to miss out :blush:

So how about the 2nd or 3rd of March? We still keep it at Roma. Just a thought - I personally have found Roma to be better on a Sunday (and more parking as well)... But I don't mind if it is on a Saturday :ilikeit:

Any thoughts?

Personally I think if you plan too far in advance we will end up cancelling again as things come up. Wish there was a "dislike" button for the Bulls flag!

• Like 1

Sies!!! Don't ruin the friendship, hey :whome: But I understand - it is just because you are jealous (you'll hate it if you haven't got it...) :blush-anim-cl:

If you move it to April, we will be able to be there too :D

Wanneer kom julle?

As alles volgens plan verloop: vroeg April. Ek moet nou nog net werk kry, `n skool vir my kind kry, `n blyplek kry, `n kar koop.... :magic::wacko:

As alles volgens plan verloop: vroeg April. Ek moet nou nog net werk kry, `n skool vir my kind kry, `n blyplek kry, `n kar koop.... :magic::wacko:

Is dit maar al?? Grap net :whome:

Waar in Brisbane kyk julle?

Mmmmm, who won the last game I wonder!

And who lost against the Stormers :whome: Ek was in Umhlanga met daai final - ek het BAIE jammer vir die Sharks gevoel :hug: Sal eerder vd Sharks skree as vd Stormers :ilikeit:

MAAR niemand kom by die Bulle nie!!!!!!!!!

Ok - na al die grappies: wat van 23 of 24 Feb? Dan gee dit almal genoeg tyd om die klaar te boek?

Ons kan altyd in Mei ook weer een hou?

Is dit maar al?? Grap net :whome:

Waar in Brisbane kyk julle?

Enige plek waar on 'n goedkoop huis kan kry en werk vir ONYB kan kry. Persoonlik wil ek net daar in plaas van hier wees.

Edited by HadEnoughofJuju