North Lakes vs Indooroopilly

Guest May

Trying to get opinions on the 2 areas and 2 schoold being North Lake State College vs Indooroopilly.

In terms of area North Lakes is well liked by South Africans, more affordable being further from the CIty and closer to the beach while Indooroopilly is more Asian? As well as the schools, Indooroopilly was 3 top school 2011, 5th 2012 where North Lake State is Internationally accredited?

Tough choice, I am interested to hear what the people of Brisbane have to say about the areas and the schools

BTW does North Lake State only give Italian as a language?

Obviously Mandarin at Indooroopilly would be better however I am not sure how advanced the 'immersion' programme is, can someone exlain the term to me because if the second language is too far along in Gr8 and Gr9 do the kids then only do their first language English?

Edited by May

Indooroopilly is a more upmarket area near to the river and city (7km) while North Lakes is a new build estate a long way from the city (30km+).

North Lakes is close to the flat water, bayside beaches of lovely Redcliffe.

Indooroopilly is close to the man made beach at southbank and the museums, galleries, city cats, markets, cafes, shopping and life style of inner Brisbane.

North Lakes is around 70km to the white sand, surf beaches of the Sunshine Coast and Indooroopilly is 98km.

North Lakes is around 109km to the white sand, surf beaches of the Gold Coast and Indooroopilly is 89km.

I haven't heard of Indooroopilly being particularly Asian influenced...as you would know Sunnybank and surrounding suburbs on the southside qualifies for that.

I prefer Indooroopilly by far but that just reflects my personal interests. I think the inner western suburbs of Brisbane in the foothills of Mt Coot-tha are the best part of Brisbane.

"if the second language is too far along in Gr8 and Gr9 do the kids then only do their first language English"...not sure what you meant by this?

Edited by Fish

Hi Fish, Thank you ....I can see that you are more inclined to Indooroopilly, just finding the rentals silly bec of proximity to the CBD. Thats what I meant...oh well I will have to find basic Mandarin for them then

Hi May, are you back going to Brisbane again?

Hi Fish, Thank you ....I can see that you are more inclined to Indooroopilly, just finding the rentals silly bec of proximity to the CBD. Thats what I meant...oh well I will have to find basic Mandarin for them then

Yes, as I said I much prefer Indooroopilly and would rather live in a small house there to keep the rent down than a bigger house a long way out from Brisbane if those were my choices. I find inner Brisbane really enjoyable but when you live far out you only tend to come to Brisbane city for work or the odd trip to some big attraction rather than live there day to day, if you know what I mean. North Lakes is in Pine Rivers so your day to day life would be a Pine Rivers life, not a Brisbane one, if that makes sense. Generalising of course. As I said though, this is just me, obviously not everyone has the same interests.

Edited by Fish

We live in North Lakes and love it. Renting is cheap and I just love cheap. Know nothing about Indooroopilly, so can't comment. My daughter was Grade 9 this year in North Lakes State College and she only had English no other language. If I remember correctly, the language thing was optional. English of course is compulsory.