Are you guys having a heatwave? 38/39 for next few days.

mistermoose

Was just reading through the Sydney Morning Herald site and saw that Perth has temperatures of around 38/39 for the next few days. Is this normal Perth weather? Aircon FTW!

Heatwave in Melbourne also 39 C - kids were splashing about in the plastic pool at 8:30pm! We love it, haven't even turned on the aircon downstairs - just use the evaporative cooling for a few hours upstairs.

We just have lots of icy poles and hang around in shopping malls during the day and enjoy the warm evenings because luckily here in Melbourne a cool change will follow shortly.

I don't know if its a heat wave if its normal temps. Last year Christmas was 42c. So pretty normal dor this time of year. If I remember correctly there were more than 30 days above 40 in Perth.

Pretty normal for Perth. Most houses have ducted aircon, so its not a problem. The Perth heat is a dry heat, so it is more bearable than a humid heat. The Fremantle doctor blows each afternoon and cools things down a bit, but, it is a sea breeze, so it only goes about 8km inland ( the eastern suburbs are thus hotter).

Heat, what heat all I see is fun, Beach, Boat! This what we came to Perth for! It is great! Think my old man is going to suffer though, he is landing Cristmas day, never been out of RSA! Looking forward to his take on the weather!

Sorry have to go, holiday is not going to enjoy itself!!

• Like 1

was pretty warm in adelaide yesterday, 42 deg, but has cooled down nicely today.

Edited by Robbie_P

To put the record straight Perth has had temps above 40 C 19 times from 1994 to 2011.

p

I stand corrected.

If Perth has had 19 days above 40 in the past 17 years then 2012 was extraordinary. There were 7 days above 40C in 2012. The average per year is:

3.3 days > 40C

24 days > 35C

69 days > 30C

At least you guys don't have the high humidity like here in Darwin. These days it's around 80-90% and the car usually show 37 degrees. When it drops down to 33 then it feels like a cool day. Thank goodness for aircon

In Perth I'm fine until the temperature gets beyond body heat and then I find it unbearable. The wife seems to think that fans and aircon are for decoration, and won't allow them on when she wants to sleep, which causes a certain amount of marital friction.

Going to get to a nice and cool 33 next week :-)

Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed Thr

Maximum 38°C 41°C 41°C 40°C 36°C 35°C 33° C

Minimum 23°C 24°C 25°C 24°C 22°C 22°C 18°C

Edited by patrice