Baby you can drive my car

AllisonW

Wow congrats on the license. It can be daunting. I failed my first time and hubby got his first time, as well. Have booked for next week as the second try.

I think that when you get the drivers card show it off Mr Bean style, "see what I've got". That's what I'm going to do,lol

Have a fabulous Christmas Al

Beautiful post...thank you

Allison I post on a bunch of immigration forums so read a lot of posts and always think your posts are right at the top of the pile. I reckon it wouldn't hurt for people starting the journey to read your posts twice. I imagine you help a lot of people by writing them. Thank you.

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1

That puts a smile on my face and lets me know I am doing the right thing

Alison,

The rest of the people have said almost everything, but WOW!!!!

It's hard, but you're on top. :)

A GREAT post and worth domrhow handing out to all new joiners as "required reading" - I jest, of course, but a lovely post.

Wow congrats on the license. It can be daunting. I failed my first time and hubby got his first time, as well. Have booked for next week as the second try.

I think that when you get the drivers card show it off Mr Bean style, "see what I've got". That's what I'm going to do,lol

Have a fabulous Christmas Al

True - but then I realise it has my birth year emblazoned on it and I quickly tuck it away again. Pity I wasn't an 80s baby, sigh.

Great post Allison - don't worry the next six months get easier and then the six after that, ....

• Like 1

Hey Alison, my wife just read this to me and we are both sitting here in tears. Tears of joy, happiness and excitement more than anything else. I am so looking forward to joining all of you in Australia. Thanks for the honesty and raw emotion and not sugar coating it. :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Thanks Allison - as mentioned before, your posts are superb (and so is your positive attitude!)

Great post Alison. We have been here 6 months just a day ahead of you and it has been a journey second to none. Regrets - I have none and know we have made the right move. But miss SA heaps and still have my moments of longing for the familiar. With each passing day it gets easier and feels more normal.

To all those in SA wondering if its the right move you will only know once you get here. It is a tough journey and you need to be prepared for the self doubt and moments of reflection and questioning. Australia is not Utopia - but it works!