Flights seating

Dedrei

Just wondering.... :hug:

If our flights are booked with IOM, do we still have a choice as to where to where we can sit? :(

Those of you who have flown with Qantas from Jhb to Sydney - what are good seats? :hug:

:hug:

Dedrei

I personally prefer the four seats in the middle of the plain instead of the window seat. As you can feel a bit claustrophobic if you sitting in the window seat and can’t get out of your seat due to a very large person on the end seat. Try and see if you can get seat that is right next to the aisle especially if you have long legs. If you able to get a seat in the beginning of the section usually where there is plain door to your right or left there tends to be more leg room. So go for an aisle seat on the front section of the four-seater rows. :hug:

It is also worth your while to get up a few times during the flight walk down the aisle wiggle your toes. Do your leg exercises that they provide you with in the brochure in front of you in your flight seat bag. Where comfortable shoes that are not to tight fitting and drink lots of flued as you get very dehydrated. If you get an ear ace when the plain starts landing ask the flight attend tend for a eucalyptus strip pop it under your nose, as it will help unblock your ears. You can also yawn or suck on a lollypop. :hug:

I like to sit behind the wing so that I can see if the engine bursts into flames. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

Seriously though. Most Airlines allow you to choose your seats but it is never guaranteed even if one 'confirms'. Generally it is not a problem.

I think Sonnetjie was spot on with the reply.

I tend to choose an aisle seat if I fly alone, but a window seat if the family joins me. (This usually results in a fight with the kids - and they always win :sleep1: ). Also if alone I tend to sit right at the back (if a 747) as the tail of the plane tapers off and there is a bit more space. And yes I still prefer to sit behind the wing, the view seems better and I experience the sensation of flying slightly more.

Good advice from Sonnetjie is to move around on the long flights to keep the circulation going.