Advice regarding Mutual funds

Werns

I need some advice from people that are more financially minded than myself.

I am currently working overseas where my company pays a certain amount per month into a mutual fund. This will obviously stop as soon as I stop working, but I have the option to leave the money there for however long I want to. It's not a huge amount, but I was going to use it to help with a deposit on a house once we get to buy a house.

Now the question. Will it be better for me to have it paid out while still here and then sent over into my bank account in Oz, or to wait until I want to buy and then have it paid out? I understand that there would be some sort of tax placed on it if I get it paid out while in Oz. How would that work?

So, at the moment I'm thinking that it might be better to have it paid out before I leave. That way I don't have to worry about the tax on foreign income (if that is what it would be) and at least I will get a fixed interest rate that might even be better than the markets that are going up and down like a see-saw these days. What do you guys think?