South Australia - Things to do

Robbie_P

Hi guys,

I have my mother in law visiting us in Adelaide for the next 6 weeks and would really like to show her around. We are also fairly new in Adelaide, only 2 months here.

I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for things to see, places to go etc. Even if its something as simple as “fish and chip at Brighton Beach” or “having a Stein beer at the German Arms Hotel in Hahndorf”

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Robbie

Actually, I'd go with fish and chips at Glenelg Beach (instead of Brighton).

See kangaroos, koalas, wombats, emus at Cleland Wildlife Park:- http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/clelandwildlife/Home .

Climb the Big Rocking Horse at Gumeracha:- http://thebigrockinghorse.com.au/ .

That's all I can come up with for now. Hopefully at least one of those suggestions will be suitable.

Botanical gardens.

The mall in the city centre with the pigs. Rundle St, is it?

• Like 1

You can take her to see the "whispering wall". A visit to Barossa Valley for some wine tasting.Handorf is a nice place to visit. A trip down to Victor Harbour will be worth your while, very scenic and lots to see.

Enjoy !

If any of you like cars - there's the National Motor museum in Birdwood. I for one can't wait to go there!

• 3 weeks later...

You can't beat Kangaroo Island but you can also try Victor Harbour, Port Elliot, Goolwa etc for little day trips?

• 4 weeks later...

Central Market is great (best to go later in the week)

Carrick Hill Estate in Springfield for a nice 'cuppa' in the gardens

Botanical Gardens is a must

Walk along north terrace (free museum, state library and art gallery) and the Torrens river for classic Adelaide view

Chicken and chips from the take out spot across the road from Stirling Hotel in the Hills (can recommend!)

Mount Lofty (Waterfall Gully rd at the bottom - first falls are easy enough to walk to - and great views from the summit)

Windy Point (top of Belair Rd)

Brownhill Creek Reserve

Hazelwood Park if you need to keep kids entertained?