Asking assistance with finding a place to stay in Melbourne, Glen Waverley.

GideonT

Hi,

My family of four arrived Monday evening 19th Nov and then took a maxi taxi from the airport to Glen Waverley to the serviced house that the company has provided to stay for two weeks. The company we are working for is also based in Glen Waverley. Therefore we are looking for a place to rent close by. This appears to be trickier than we thought at first. Does anybody know of a place to stay that is close to Glen Waverley? Any advise or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Gideon

Hi Gideon,

I presume you are looking for a long term rental? I suggest you expand your search to a wider area, you can do this on realestate.com.au.

When we first arrived we rented a house in Wheelers Hill near Glen Waverley which was nice.

We ended up in Wonga Park which is about 20 mins drive on Eastlink from Glen Waverley - there are lovely areas around here and good schools. As Glen Waverley is not in the city itself you won't find much traffic on the road if you decide to live a bit further away.

You can look at Ringwood North, Croydon North, Croydon Hills, Warranwood (my kids go to Warranwood Primary) and Wonga Park.

If you need further information or would like to catch up with a coffee let me know - send me a private message as I'm at home during the day and more than willing to help.

I stay in Wheelers Hill so feel free to send me a PM if you require additional info.

I did a search, there are many, many homes available for rent in Glen Waverley, here is a link"

http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/with-3-bedrooms-in-glen+waverley/list-1?preferredState=vic

Just checking with someone I know who recently broke a lease in Glen Waverley, I think it was 3 or 4 bed, to see if their place is still vacant.

Will PM you the details if it still is.

Edit: - it has been taken now.

Good luck with the hunt

Tee

Edited by TeeTMI

Hi Gideon

Welcome to Melbourne. We lived in Glen Waverley for 3 yrs. and after living in Doncaster area for 2 yrs we are about to move back to Glen Waverley (long story).

There are several good areas around Glen Waverley and Glen Waverley itself is good, and it is known for its good schools.

Good areas nearby are Wheelers Hill, Vermont, Vermont South, Mount Waverley (I like this suburb), Blackburn, Blackburn South, Burwood, Burwood East, Forest hill. All solid areas, not too expensive. If you want more bang for your buck you can look at Rowville (nice houses for good prices), Wantirna, Wantirna South, Ringwood, Croydon. A bit further away is Donvale, Park Orchard which have a nice country feel and also Warrenwood etc which has already been mentioned. There really are not any 'bad' areas nearby just don't go too far south as Dandenong, Sprinvale are a less good areas (although nothing too bad - and nothing like what would constitute bad in RSA)

Generally the closer to the city the more $$$. Being close to a train station will also incr the rental.

Best approach is to use the Link Mara posted and also look at surrounding suburbs to see if there is anything in your price range that you like.

You will find townhouses will be large,new and smart, more expensive but with little outside space. Houses will tend to be older inside and out with larger outside space. Take into consideration that garden services are more expensive here so if the rent includes the garden maintenance it could be a bonus.

All the best.