Medicals - HELP!?

Hi there

We have done our medicals a week before we got a case officer.

Our medical were sent to Adelaide Processing, Currie Street.

I have recently enquired if our medicals were received, and I was told that Sydney office have not received our medicals as yet. ;)

I will quote the email I received this morning.

"Please note all medical documents for examinations done outside of

Australia must go directly to the Local Clearance Unit in Sydney, per the

instructions. There is no note on our system that any medicals have been

received there to date."

Now, In the letter from the Case Officer, there was no mentioning of Sydney. What instructions? Does anyone know? :D

1. Our medicals were signed for in Adelaide on 26 Feb 2007. Will it be forwarded to Sydney?

2. Would we have to go for the medicals again to have it sent to Sydney?

If there is anyone out there which had the same scenario, please advise.

Edited by Buck

hi there

sorry haven't got that far yet, but surely you can contact your case officer or their call centre and ask if received there would they forward it? Haven't you or the doc got a copy of the medicals to resend to Sydney?

I hope it comes right, but don't stress it will :)

Hi Buck

Did your doctor not send it off for you? You should have send them to LCU in Sydney they do the assessment of you medicals and then notify DIAC of the out come.

This is a new one for me but I would not count on them sending it to LCU for you. I would give their call center a call and ask them what you should do now. Also find out from your Doctor if he can give you new ones I reckon you would have to do the x-rays again :) .

Good luck I hope you come right ;) .

Cheers

Rudi

Hi all

They(doctors) wanted to know from me where they should send the medicals. I didn't know that it should have been send to Sydney. :P

"Addresses for mail and courier delivery:

By mail:

Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre

Department of Immigration & Citizenship

GPO Box 1638

ADELAIDE SA 5001, AUSTRALIA

By courier:

Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre

Department of Immigration & Citizenship

4th Floor, 55 Currie Street

ADELAIDE SA 5000, AUSTRALIA"

I told the receptionist that it should be send to Adelaide. She replied with " oh, Currie Street" as if it was an everyday thing, which is for them.

I know I cannot hold them responsible for this, but they do this everyday. Shouldn't the know by now that it has to go to Sydney, directly? :)

I will phone the Adelaide skilled processing center tomorrow morning at 05:00 SA time to find out exactly what we can do about this situation.

Hopefully they can forward it to Sydney.

If push comes to shove, I am prepared to redo the medicals.

I can kick myself! :(

It is just so silly that you cannot contact your case officer directly.

I will keep you up to date on this issue.

Probably some extra waiting for us....... ;)

Buck

Guest colton

Buck,

It may not be such a train smash. We had 2 visas in the pipeline at the same time, a 136 and 457. Because the 457 sponsored visa came through sooner we had to do simplified medicals for that but chose to have the complete medicals done anyway in preparation for the 136 permanent visa.

We sent our complete medicals off to Sydney for them to process the 457 visa, in August. Medicals etc all processed and 457 visa issued. We arrive here in November and in February we get a request to go for our complete medicals for the 136 visa, to be sent to Adelaide.

I had fortunately kept the Tracking number the doctors had used to send off the medicals and so contacted the case officer through email and advised that medicals already sent months ago, could she track and use those. Next day I got a reply back, no medicals necessary, previous ones tracked and all okay.

I would suggest sending an email giving as much detail as possible for them to track your medicals, things like Main applicants full names, D.O.B, Passport number and any details for them to track your medicals. I am sure it will all be okay.

Guest Bronwyn

Buck I work in Currie street. I know that building as we went there to see our Business Immigration agent a couple of weeks back.

I will go & pick them up for you if it helps! If you can find out who has got them, and if it is allowed I can get them. Just tell me what I need to do. I know how stressfull this type of thing is.

We can make mos a plan to send them on to Sydney for you if the Immigration people here will not do it for you.... :D

Bonwyn

Hi All

Bronwyn, thank you for the good gesture. I really appreciate it. :holy:

I have phoned Adelaide Skills Processing Center this morning and only got through on the 10th attempt.:whome:

I spoke to a operator called Ben. Very pleasant man, I must say.

Anyway, he said that we needn't worry as they will forward it to Sydney.:D

I also asked if he could look on the system if they have received our medicals.

I gave him my CLF number and names and he said this:

"Your case officer have posted a note that she received documents and have forwarded it. I would assume that it is your medicals"

Am I now right to assume that the only docs not processed by ASPC is the medicals?:blink:

If so, I can assume that our medicals have been sent to Sydney.

He also said that I can phone in two weeks time, to confirm this.

Furthermore we talked about cricket. Like I said, very pleasant man.

Hope this helps someone else aswell.

Buck

Guest Bronwyn

Hi Buck - I went to search for an old post now and I found it. You can e-mail the LCU people to see whether they have your medicals. You must do it in exacly this order. Here is the old post:--

You mail LCU@immi.gov.au, and you must put on the following info:-

• Name of Applicant:

• Date of Birth:

• Passport number:

• Visa Applied For:

• Date Medicals Dispatched:

• Method of Dispatch (Courier/Standard):

If sent by Courier please include:

• courier company name:

• tracking number :

• details of receipt date :

• name of person who signed for the package :

They undertake to e-mail you back within 48 working hours.

Hope it helps!

Bye, Bronwyn