Raceview, Ipswich

JennyG

I would appreciate any views and thoughts on this area. Planning to buy a home which is approx 4km from CBD but not familiar with the area at all. Thanks :blush-anim-cl:

Hi Jenny,

As mentioned on another forum, not familiar with the area but can mention here that Ipswich is by no means 4km from the CBD, more likely 25 - 40km :blush-anim-cl:

The section may be 4km's from Ipswich City, but will be significantly further from Brisbane City.

Thanks guys! Yes I think it is 4km from Ipswich centre :). We are looking into buying an investment property in this area thats my reason for asking. We live in Canberra thats why I ask other people what they think :). So yup, any thoughts or advise would be appreciated :)!!

Nice to see people Landing in Jan and buying investment property (presumably not the primary dwelling) 10 months later.

That is encouraging.

Jenny, Ipswich has never had a great reputation in Brisbane but that doesn't mean it is all bad. The main area we (in brisbane) hear about in Ipswich is Springfield which is a large master planned community. It is quite impressive what they have already built and what is coming. A new rail line is opening there and anywhere near the two future stations might appreciate in value...though who knows in this dropping market. Sorry I can't help more with raceview.

Hi there having worked in and around Ipswich for close on 18 months as a plumber I know a fair bit, race view is not bad presuming its the newer homes section, as most towns there is new and old parts. Ipswich does have bad rep around Brisbane but is trying very hard to shake that image. However the property values are not as dear as Brisbane, in my own opinion as far as investment the western corridor which Ipswich falls under is the next place for property growth, I am no means a property guru just try read a lot. There are many people that live and work in Ipswich, the only advice I can give is if you do decide to buy make sure you use a reputable real estate agent, because I have been to many a house ruined by tenants. The simple fact is Ipswich does have its fair share of those people, so being in Canberra would be hard to control.

Best of luck