Indooroopilly State High School Brisbane

Guest May

staying close to Kenmore and looking at Indooroopilly State High School Brisbane. Like the fact they offer basketball, aviation and Mandarin. Not mad about the lack of dress code. But those are my first impressions, I need the good, the bad and the ugly

I've only heard that they are a school that supports more creative children (hence the uniform thing) and heard positive things but this is all from a distance...no first hand or recent experience sorry.

Indooroopilly is a lovely area btw.

• 1 month later...
Guest Eager2go

It is a really pretty school. My sister -in- law uses a hall of theirs for church services on Sunday. I'll ask her if she has heard/ knows anything else I can pass on. Ps. Kenmore State High has a very good name apparently. They are very strict on school zones though as it is very popular

• 8 months later...

To close off this topic with feedback, 3 terms into this year I would steer clear of Indooroopilly State High unless you are very broadminded.

Ranked in the top 10 Academically. With an international flavour children are exposed to more cultures however they also gravitate towards their own cultural group so your child might struggle to fit into a group speaking Korean or with the Brazilian children. Not having a uniform means there is less sense of discipline than most state schools as it supports behaviour like Goth dress and long beards and hair. A sense of creativity and freedom of expression which is very much their ethos supports birthday party celebrations in the cemetery. For impressionable 12 year olds fresh out of SA primary school brought up Catholic this is too much.

Its not our cuppa tea so my boys will be finishing the year and moving on. Thats my 2c.

Its not all bad academically with Mandarin and Auslan/ sign language lovely. Lovely teachers who I am told also swear in class. Do it again NO. Rule of thumb if no one has much to say on the school maybe give it more research or a wide berth. Our friend said oh he knows kids that go to school what we should have asked is if you take your kids out of the private school would you put them into that particular school.

Its just a learning curve that comes with journey of immigration, some people get lucky and strike it right first time.

Gee that sounds really horrible, I mean I am not a prude but that sounds really awful. Anyone know about Forest lake Anglican school? We have a place for 2014

Looked at Indooroopilly school. Seems to be ok academically. Is Forest lake an ok area? I have lived in Oz for many years but now moving to Brisbane. I will be working in Richlands and that is why I wish to move close to Richlands. Anyone live near here?