Looking for work in Brisbane January 2013

Guest May

Hi Everyone

After many many many years and posts we are finally set. I am looking for any recruitment contacts for financial or administrative positions. My forte is Treasury so banking positions but I will look at any positions evens housework. Business ideas as well we just dont have much capital.

May

Hi May

Good luck, I can't help much with the job thing but a good idea for a business would be house cleaning or a garden service, I hear that kind of thing is rare in Australia, hey I'm even considering becoming a gardener.

Not rare, just expensive when the charges mean that the cleaner/gardener is earning a wage which is closer to your salary than you ever thought possible.

Hi Had Enough

There are plenty of businesses like that, plenty of garden services if you don't like doing it, the difference is price. We also have services like oven and BBQ cleaning,ironing services. Lots of cleaning services who do either bond cleanser weekly/ monthly cleans. Here in Moranbah the latest must have accessory seems to be Au Pairs.

The cleaning services are usually around $30 ph, ironing lady may charge Bout the same per basket or an hourly rate. Australia is full of entrepreneurs to fill any market gaps.

Yip, there are all sorts of cleaners and services to make your life easier in Aus. A guy around the corner from us is a blind cleaner. According to the side of his van, he cleans and does small repairs for all types of blinds. Our rental includes lawn moving in the price. Every couple of weeks 3 people turn up, two with mowers and one with a weed eater/wipper snipper and blower. They are in and out in in less that 15mins. My cleaners come once every two weeks, for a hour and a half. They are two people with all their own equipment and products, they let themselves in and out with a key. I leave them $75 on the table. There is plenty of people driving around with mobile dog washing trailers. Dont have a dog, so cant tell you what this all entails (excuse the pun).

You see a lot of these Jim franchises here, not just for mowing. http://www.whichfranchise.net.au/index.cfm?event=getArticle&articleID=491 We get fliers for cleaners in the letterbox often. I got my cleaners from a neighbour as she had been using them for years. Many of the cleaners in Sydney is immigrants that struggle with their English. I thought mine was Chinese for months before I deciphered that they are actually Korean. Felt like a idiot.