Five months in....

AllisonW

@Allison. Congratulations on making it this far. Thank you so much for this honest post (you should become a columnist!). Keep them coming. We need REAL posts from REAL people as candy coated expectations can crush one's spirit if one is not prepared.

We wish you and your family everything you have hoped for.

• Like 1

Can't believe it's already 5 months! :o Feels like you guys boarded the plain yesterday.

Thank you for sharing. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Thank you for your post, I agree 100% and have been going through the exact same emotions.

• Like 1

AllisonW - you pretty much summed up my experience in my meagre first 6 weeks. I feel almost exactly the same :)

• Like 1

Well written, Allison.

Edited by OubaasDik
  • Like 1

Allison, I love everything you always write! It is real and true and not sugar coated, like OYBR says, always motivating and helpful. I say THANK YOU!

Now take a step back and see how brave YOU are!!!

Well done for making it this far gracefully and good luck with your time in Melbourne x

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing your experience in an open, unbiased , honest manner. Well Done. May you continue to enjoy your journey.

• Like 1

Thank you! Beautifully written.

• Like 1

Thanks all. I really appreciate the positive feedback. Especially today. Last night we heard that my husbands job is being outsourced and so effectively in January he will be unemployed. So we are starting the job hunting over again. Trying to hold onto the positive thought that the six months Australian experience will help. But not a great Christmas present at all. Hold thumbs for us please!

That really sucks. I'll cross fingers the Aussie way, and hopefully he will have a shiny new job by the time Christmas roles around. Any chance that he can contract with the company as part of their outsourcing?

• Like 1

Dear Alison

Sorry to hear abt your hubby's job. Am sure something will come through. As you said, at least he gained Oz experience.

Sending you positive thoughts

• Like 1

Yep, life can be a bitch sometime. :(

Sterkte

• Like 1

Great post Alison - pretty much sums up our experience 5 months in as well. Keep us updated...

• Like 1

Wonderful post...love to read your posts. I can never really express myself properly when I write and you just do it so beautifully, I feel all those things you mentioned...thanks for that...good luck with the new job search.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear your news but there is a sliver of silver lining-at least now he can say he has "Aussie"experience which can often make a HUGE difference when applying for jobs. Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks all. We have had really great support from other forum members. It means so much. We at least have some warning and am really hopeful we can find something by the end of January or at the very least he won't be unemployed for long.

This process teaches you to do your best and let go. Can't do more than that. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :-)

• Like 2

Wow, your skill with a "pen" is incredible. Your ability to paint a mural with your words is quite something.

Hope all goes well with the job hunting.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear your news. It was nice of the company to give you so much warning. With your positive attitude, I'm sure you will find something soon.

• Like 1

Hi Allison - yes sorry to hear about hubby's work - but I am sure he will find something else quickly and that they have given him some length of notice.. Stay positive!

• Like 1

Allison your writing is so beautiful and so truthful. I love reading your posts, you often say exactly what I am thinking or feeling. Thank you for sharing.

Wishing your hubby the best of luck in finding a new job. I have a feeling all will work out extremely well, with him actually moving on to better things.

Kerry