Goldenhar syndrome & cleft palate

looking1

Hi there my wife and I are looking to move to Australia Perth but there is one problem my son aged two was born with goldenhar even though its a very mild case of it so that the docter actualy said he almost does not have it ,fact is he was born with it and by definition was diagnosed with goldenhar syndrome .This could severly affect our chances of getting a Visa.

The advice I got was to seek advice so here I am.

Are there some of you who had to deal with something like this during your application and how did you go about the health issues?

I was also wondering if any of you could provide info on the medicare systems or other organisations for cleft or goldenhar patients in Australia that I could contact or even some docters working with these patients

Our reason for going is to build a beter future for our kids we realy want to try our best. We love both our kids and would truely do anything for them and to their benefit.

Please help.

Thank you for the links I am sure they will be very helpfull . Any other info would still be apreciated. Thanks again Mara

All I can add to this topic is that there is a immigration agent in Sydney, called George Lombard,who is THE guru on obtaining visas in difficult cases where there is a medical hurdle. He is active on the britishexpats forum. I know its very vague, but you could perhaps ask his advice on your chances. He is helping a friend of mine at the moment (a diabetic with a kidney transplant).

Thanks Rozellam how can I contact him or should I just go check on that forum? Sorry if this sounds stupid to ask but Iam new to these kind of stuff.

Hi and good luck! Sorry, I don't have any info. Just wanted to wish you luck. I hope it all works out.

Perhaps go onto the British expats forum and search for the guy mentioned above?

You should be able to send him a private message.

What Elmarie said. Google him (he has been at it for years and DIAC knows him well) and get his details and, if it was me, I would join britishexpats and use their forum search function to see if anybody else has had the same type of case as you. You might find information directly relating to your case.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again once again thanks for all the advice. Ihave contacted all my son's docters and am waitng for their medical reports and will oficially start my application process as soon as I get them thanks again for the great responce you people are awesome

• Like 1

HI. as far as i know, the Oz government dont want people who will burden their health system. If goldenhar is a condition that requires long term interventions, they may still accept you provided that you agree to pay for private health care. If he is as mild as you suggest and does not foresee long term needs, it may be fine.

I wish you luck!

T