North Lakes

Bloubulklong

Greetings All

Planning to move to North Lakes from Sydney in December 12. Could anyone recommend a good Primary School in the area.

Thank you

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We just moved to Brisbane 4 weeks ago and have been living in North Lakes for 1 week. Love the area. We live one street away from the Bounty Boulevard State School. Came highly recommended when we inquired. Can't speak from personal experience as my eldest is only 3 years old, but I think there is only 2 primary schools in North Lakes and I've been told there are lots of bullying in the other one. Again, not my experience, but what I've been told.

You will love it here, let me know if you need some info on the area. Happy to help where I can.

D.

We've been in North Lakes for 2 months now and our oldest daughter is going to North Lakes State College (public). During an orientation session they told us that North Lake States is the only public school in Queensland that has international accreditation. We chose the school on the internet before coming over. The only problem is that the school is extremely popular because they have such good ratings that everyone wants to send their kids there. They've narrowed the catchment area and we really struggled to find a rental - once again it's a very sought after catchment area. Eventually we got a rental and next year my little one is starting Prep there. I"m very impressed with the school and my 14-year old is very happy there. The school is prep to 12. There is also The Lakes school, which is private and I can't comment as I don't know anyone who's kids are there.

Bounty School seems to be doing good. Bounty is a developing area with lots of construction etc and with that it may be easier to get a rental as they are developing quickly. So I'm sure the school will grow big, as North Lakes is a very popular area. I think eventually North Lakes will become the Saffers city!

What's nice is that you are close to the beach, and close to the CBD.

Wow, that sounds like a great school, I would have to google them. Thanks for the info, still finding our feet and want to try and settle down where the kids will eventually go to school. Would need to do a bit of research it seems.

There is another school close by, a new Primary State School, which from next year will be one of the first independant state schools in QLD. Don't know much about the school, but it falls in Mango Hill catchement area, which is divided by Anzac Avenue from North Lakes. The school is Mango Hill State School. The school opened in January 2012.

Wow, that sounds like a great school, I would have to google them. Thanks for the info, still finding our feet and want to try and settle down where the kids will eventually go to school. Would need to do a bit of research it seems.

Ultimately it's different strokes for different folks. I know of someone who sent her children to Bounty and they were very unhappy and took the kids out to another school. Then I know of someone who had kids in a private school, took them out and sent them to Bounty and they are now very happy.

It's very difficult to decide which school. We ultimately decided that we'll send our kids to North Lakes States, and then if they are unhappy we'll move them. Luckily the one who is there now, is very happy.

There is another school close by, a new Primary State School, which from next year will be one of the first independant state schools in QLD. Don't know much about the school, but it falls in Mango Hill catchement area, which is divided by Anzac Avenue from North Lakes. The school is Mango Hill State School. The school opened in January 2012.

I've also heard from the estate agents that the Mango Hill State School is doing very well, even though it is still a bit small, but with the sudden booming interest in this area, it will surely grow quickly. You will however be living in Mango Hills and not North Lakes in order to be in the catchment area if you want to go to this school. But Mango Hills and North Lakes are pretty much the same and very close to each other.

• 2 months later...

Hey I will be changing the tune but still with North lakes!!! I believe there are so many saffers in North lakes we are 15 minutes from North lakes as anyone attented any North lakes get together??

We will be keen:)))

We have been here (Brisbane northside) since Dec 2011 and would love to meet families with primary school kids as we have 1 child 8y.o..

Any ideas/any body interested?

Cheers and happy Sunday

D

• 1 month later...