Visas for travelling back to SA when you have PR

Dedrei

Hi guys/gals

Our family has asked us a question and I wasn't too sure.

They want to know, how easy is it for the two of us, while on PR, to get to SA ASAP, if something happened to a family member and we need to be there within 2 days or something? Because we have PR, do we need to appy for the RRV (resident return visa) or do we just book a flight to SA and that's it?

Then on the flipside. If something was to happen to one of us here in Aus, is there some type of emergency visa for a family member/s to be able to get here ASAP? I know normal tourist/visiting visas take around 5 days, but :D just seems too long, if they needed to be here yesterday already, IYKWIM? :(

Any ideas or experiences?

Cheers

D

If you have PR :

Go to nearest airport

Go on standby.

Fly out on the next plane-thats it....

A family member can apply for a visitors visa. Get it in passport. Usually valid for 1-2 years.:Once they have it:

Same applies:

nearest airport,standbye,fly.

Dederei

Firstly, if your PR Visa has expired in your SA PASSPORT you need to apply for a Return residents Visa, otherwise you cannot get back into Australia. PR VISAS are normally valid for 5 years from the date of Issue. If your PR Visa is valid then you can travel out of Australia and get back in with no problems.

Regarding emmergency travel and getting flights back to SA, if it is high season the flights into and out of Australia are normally quite heavily booked. So basically you wont always get a cheap fare and the same applies from travel from South Africa.

South African Passport holders, will always require a visa to enter Australia. Its always best to try and have a valid visa in your passport. Normally they are valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Otherwise, the issuance of a visa to enter Australia is at the discretion of the Australian Embassy and wether or not they are prepared to issue an emergency visa or not. Rule of thumb is be as prepared as possible.

I think they are now taking7-10 working days or there abouts to issue a visitors visa .

Hope that is of some help.

regards

Enrica

Guest colton

We were here 3 weeks, on a 457, when my dad passed away. The guy in hubby's HR department said if we wanted to go back asap he could get us tickets same day to fly back as the airlines do keep a seat or two for those kinds of unforseen emergency's. Obviously not alot but you should be able to be on the soonest flight out.

My mom-in-law flew to the States when my sister-in-law and her hubby were in a horrendous car crash and she was issued with an emergency visa in a couple of hours and on the next plane out, my nieces had no-one else to look after them. I am sure the same thing would happen here.

Good thing to actually check up on though!

Hi guys/gals

Our family has asked us a question and I wasn't too sure.

They want to know, how easy is it for the two of us, while on PR, to get to SA ASAP, if something happened to a family member and we need to be there within 2 days or something? Because we have PR, do we need to appy for the RRV (resident return visa) or do we just book a flight to SA and that's it?

Then on the flipside. If something was to happen to one of us here in Aus, is there some type of emergency visa for a family member/s to be able to get here ASAP? I know normal tourist/visiting visas take around 5 days, but :blush: just seems too long, if they needed to be here yesterday already, IYKWIM? ;)

Any ideas or experiences?

Cheers

D

On PR you can travel unitl the visa expires (5 years), then RRV is a must but I contacted migration and they said it can be aranged in a few days. I asked what if I can't wait, I was told apply and explain when leaving.

As far as I understand visitor visas are handled by a private company VFS to speed up / streamline applications. Send them an email

But this is a perfect reason to get citizenship as soon as possible, then you can come and go as you please either side.