flights

AlBrough

Hi all,

What time of the year ate flights cheapest? Which airways are good and which are bad?

Many thanks

Al

Brough I suggest browsing Webjet.com

I think the flights originate in Australia only but it should give you an overview of who flys between SA & Aus and prices (in $).

For example Air Singapore is good to Brisbane. Qantas to Sydney, but there is also Emirates and others if you are willing to stopover.

I always use Webjet to pick my flight, but then I make a note of the flight details and go onto that airline's own website to book, and avoid the Webjet fee.

If you are in SA still I think it will still help you by giving an overview all in one place.

www.webjet.com.au

Flights are cheapest in off peak seasons. Christmas and school holidays usually mean higher airfares.

Is it cheaper to buy tickets from sa or oz?

Edited by Brough

If your flight originates in SA, you'll be better off buying in SA without any doubt.

For the past three years running they have had sales in August to fly in Mid October to Mid November. Otherwise cheapest tickets are Feb to March each year.

• Like 1

So funny, i read fights!

perhaps the stres of moving are getting on my nerves en eyesight!

Good luck with your travel plans,may thee be no fights

So funny, i read fights!

perhaps the stres of moving are getting on my nerves en eyesight!

Good luck with your travel plans,may thee be no fights

maybe a South African mentality? I find myself being less tolerant of incompetence now that I am on my way to a life where I am very sure there will be less!

I am tired of teaching people how to turn computers on

Jordy - that's good to keep in mind.. not sure if we'll be ready by that time next year, but I would like to think definitely by the following year.

• 6 months later...

If you use one of these websites, does it matter where you are when you book? it's all online anyway right, not like the traditional booking through agencies... I don't use travel agents anymore but wondering if I should use travelstart when leaving from SA and use wego.com.au when leaving from australia? Or is it all the same and I can use either, wherever I am.

• 1 year later...