IELTS and Assessment

We got some good news from our assessment authorities and IELTS. So to whom it may help:

We posted (not courier) my wife documentation to NIA on the 30 Jan 2007 and she received her POSITIVE assessment on the 12 March 2007.

We posted (not courier) my documentation to VETASSES on the 30 Jan 2007 and received my POSITIVE assessment on the 9 March 2007.

We wrote the General IELTS test on the 24th Feb 2007 and received our results on the 9th March 2007. We both averaged 7.5 i.e. we received 6 and above on all four categories (reading, writing, listing and speaking)

We will hopefully post our application late March or early April 2007.

Hi Etienne & Elsa

Congrats !!!! Baie Geluk !!! Well done !!!! :huh:

We also did our tests on 24 Feb but have not received the results. Went to the Post Box today, but nothing yet. B)

Good Luck with the paper work. And the waiting periode. What visa are you applying for?

Cheers vir eers

Sheila2Oz

Thanks;

We will be applying for a MODL 136, but we will use Fiona Carres as agent. My wife will be the main applicant.

Good luck to you guys and keep in touch as we may be able to share some info / highs and lows

Hi All

Got the results. :ilikeit: What must the score be 6 overall. I am not sure. :D

We scored 7 & 7.5. My daugter did the academic and her average score is 7.

Now we moving on to the next step, waiting to hear from a case officer. Lodged 20 Sept 06.

Cheers vir eers

Sheila2Oz

Hi All

Got the results. :ilikeit: What must the score be 6 overall. I am not sure. :D

We scored 7 & 7.5. My daugter did the academic and her average score is 7.

Now we moving on to the next step, waiting to hear from a case officer. Lodged 20 Sept 06.

Cheers vir eers

Sheila2Oz

You should have scored 6 for each of the categories

You should have scored 6 for each of the categories i.e. reading, writing, listing and speaking.

If you scored 6 for EACH of the categories you qualify for 20 points on the 136 MODL VISA. If you scored 5 for EACH of the categories you will qualify for 15.

I am not sure if your Skills Assessment Authority had another requirement.

But congratulation I don’t think you will have any problems.

Hi, can anyone give us some inside info of what is expected at the EILTS test. :D We are booked for 28 April in JHB. Do u recomend the workshop or the handbook. This test feels like my second year in matric. :ilikeit: Any help would be great, thanks. :ilikeit:

Hi Langes we didn't buy the workbook. We just used the information on this site and went to the sites that people of this forum refered to. Printed the whole lot and then studied and prayed. We received our test results today. 8 and 7.5. PTL :ilikeit:

They gave us this information with our certificates today:

www.aippg.com/ielts/index.html - extensive ielts test information, boks, forums and downloads

www. ieltshelpnow.com/index.html - selling courses with extensive free material

www. ielts-test.com - useful tips for making the ielts.

www. offshore-english.co.nz/ielts.asp - free registration with focus on writing , descriptive language for graphs. (graphs as far as I know is only for te academic version of the test)

www. kensingtonacademy.com/ielts - some advice and practice for the ielts.

www. international.holmesglen.vic.edu.au good source of practice questions and general info.

www. askynz.com/ielts/preparation.htm - preparation hints

We didn't use any of these sites but maybe this can help. :D

Langes relax about the IETLS test. I think everyone makes it worse than it is. You cannot really study for it. If your day to day is in English, you can help yourself, read, speak etc you will be fine. The interview is really not that bad. The oke that interviews you has this blank expression on his face but relax and imagine yourself chattting to friends. Just listen carefully when you do the writing bit and you will be fine.

Hi, can anyone give us some inside info of what is expected at the EILTS test. :( We are booked for 28 April in JHB. Do u recomend the workshop or the handbook. This test feels like my second year in matric. :P Any help would be great, thanks. ;)

Hallo Langes,

We are also booked for the test on 28 April. We do feel a bit apprehensive, but all the forum buddies who did this before shows it is just another hurdle to cross in order to achieve our goal - to immigrate!!

Good luck and hope all goes well :)

Wannebee