Johnsons: New members

Johnsons

Hello

My husband, I and newborn daughter (2 months old) are preparing for the PR move to Australia within this year once we have our visas. We passed our skills assessment late last year and have had our application lodged earlier this month. We are using a migration agent, who has assisted others to Australia.

We visited Australia last year, and the first thing we noticed was the freedom to walk around without looking over your shoulder! We travelled train / bus, and used the internet to get us from A to B..

We are eager to meet others who have also applied and are waiting for their visas.

Regards

Rishka

Welcome to the forum.

The Gold Coast/Brisbane well represented here! :) . :ilikeit:

Hi The Johnsons.

Welcome, Welcome. Just search around and you well get all the info you need. :)

We Lodged our application in Sept 06 and is waiting for a co. :ilikeit: The waiting periode is very furstrating, but just carry on with your normal day to day things.

We are also planning to move to Brisbane or GC. :D

Good luck with your application.

Regards

Sheila2Oz

Hi The Johnsons

My family and I are also from Cape Town and have received our PR's and are off to Melbourne at the end of this year.

Please feel free to contact me re any questions or queries you have.Although we may be relocating to different Aussie cities most other things are the same and we can share all that we have and are planning with you.

The Capetonian families migrating to Oz on this website had a fantastic Coffee Club get together at the end of Feb - am not sure if you were there as it was a great time to actually meet other people in and around Cape Town and to share thoughts, issues etc re the big move.

You can also contact me at the PM if you require

good luck for the move

cheers

Gee

Hi Johnsons

Welcome to the forum. this is a very friendly, helpful and above board forum as you are about to find out.

We are also heading for the GC or Brisbane but have only just started with the 38 visa application today!! Also using an agent costing a packet tho - could have put a huge pool in for the price me thinks!!

It's funny as time goes by one just gets more used to the idea of leaving and more keen to go? Anyone know what I mean?

Cheers

Hello All

Thank you for your replies. It's reassuring to know that there are others that are able to assist in questions that may arise.

We hope that everyone receive their visas quickly.. Who knows perhaps of the back log, the immigration department may employ more people to speed up the process?

Thank you once again!

Rishka

Hello There,

Sounds like the all the Johnsons are heading toward the East Coast!! We are off to Brisbane in June , we got our PR's last week. Will keep watching the forum to keep updated.

Good Luck with your application!! As a forum member once said " once you have your visa's and you look back it seems to have gone quickly"

Regards

:ilikeit:

Welcome. Sounds like you guys have things covered.

Good luck, I hope the wait is not long.

Regards

Johan Swanepoel

Welcome. Sounds like you guys have things covered.

Good luck, I hope the wait is not long.

Regards

Johan Swanepoel

Yay - more to Brisbane and the GC - the GC is awesome...we love living here and so do our kids... the freedom they have is great...any sporting games in Brisbane ...free train and bus tickets to and from the stadium...how good is that...For you ladies heading to the GC - we have one of the best support groups here on the GC..

Feel free to ask away...

regards

Heather