How to I get my money out of SA?

BellaR

I have opened an Australian bank account and have gad some dollars deposited for me by my future employer. How do I go about getting my own money out of SA? It's under a million rand, do I need any paperwork done?

Please advise.

:) B

HI Brenda,

Most ppl on this forum recommend exchangeforfree, search the forum for more info. You can also just get your bank to do the transfer, you dont need any paperwork for under 1 mil

We used and are using Exchange4Free. Excellent serivice and cheaper than the commercial banks. Contact Anita Huyser at exchange4free.

Cell nr: 082 947 8807

Fax: 086 663 1879

anita@exchange4free.com

Paperwork is going to depend on whether or not you have just liquid funds or if it is tied up in annuities or pension fund etc. We are using Cashcows, but our money is coming from a pension fund.

you can send it as a travel allowance. I assume you are still in South Africa? If so any bank can send it to your bank in Australia via SWIFT, or you can use exchange4free who will use the same methods. If you are out of SA already and haven't used your travel allowance you can still ask for it to be sent as a travel allowance if you went this year. If you go through the banks don't just take what they quote you at the branch. Ask them to call the dealers and get a better rate. FNB also allows you to book online, and I have heard that you can phone the dealers, get a rate and then book it online using that dealers reference...but not 100% sure of that.

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for your enquiry, I have sent you a PM with all my details.

Tanya vd Westhuizen

Exchange4free

tanya@exchange4free.com