OR Tambo stuffs up... again

Springbok

My flight to Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific left at 13:30 today... and when we reached Swaziland after an hour, the captain was informed of a ''baggage loading error'' and we had to turn back! AND had to dump all the fuel first... imagine the cost implications of this, yet another African stuff-up... so here we are back at OR Tambo and will probably leave at 17:00 at the earliest, nice 5 hour delay. Fortunately my travel plans won't be affected as I'm gonna spend 2 days in HK before flying to Brisbane. But this is just another reason to leave this godforsaken continent.

The captain has just announced that we returned because of a security issue, a few bags on board without their passengers... I wonder whose fault it is... anyway we're about to leave soon, should be in HK in 12 hours time!

Good luck Charl, and so sorry to hear about your mis-fortune.

Regards

Russell

Sorry to hear about your delay but rather safe than sorry ! Good luck and have a safe trip further

Cosatu has demanded that affirmative action and equal opportunities for all staff of SAA be mandatory, thus you had your fully qualified 747 pilots loading the luggage, and your baggage handlers..... you guessed it.... flying the plane! The playing fields are henceforth leveled!