transfer SA 2 OZ while in Aus.

diesel Mech

Hi all

I know this topic must have been covered before. I could not find it with search tools.

How do I transfer rands funds from SA to Aus. Exchange4free seems to require a flight ticket and certified iD copy.

How do I get a certified ID copy while I am in Aus?

Any one how has done this before please help!!!

Thanks all

They will need you to sign a form in order to release the money. Speak to Tanya - very helpful. She will be able to tell you how to go about it. I used the company with no problems at all whilst I was still in SA. Do you have someone there who has power of attorney for you?.

Diesel Mech - in Australia you can get certified copies done by a JP (Justice of the Peace). You can usually find one at your nearest library, police station, bank, or as I recently found out, your pharmacy :) Also local council offices can usually do it. It can be a bit of a schlepp to find out when and where, because often they only do it on one day a week, but after that, it's all good. Just ask around.

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

Even the post office will certify though they charge a fee. I found a South African Commissioner of Oaths in Perth with jursidiction from the embassy in Canberra, not sure where you are though.

a flight ticket is only required if you are making use of your travel allowance for the year. For that though I think you have to still be in SA. For the 1M discretionary allowance I think you also still need to be in SA but don't quote me on that. Exchagne4free can probably help with power of attorneys or such. Alternatively you can get someone to send it to you as a gift.

thanks all

Still have no idea how toget money from my acount in SA to OZ. I am curently emailing Tanya from exchange 4free, can not call her since I am still on shift work for another 7 days.

Has someone done this before, a couple off months after ariving in OZ?

Has someone done this before, a couple off months after ariving in OZ?

Give Tanya a call. She will tell you how it's done.