189 vis (skilled independent) duration

MrandMrsK

HI all

We are new to this forum, but keen to meet people and find out more info

We are from Durban and keen to move to Brisbane

We have been invited on skill select and have just submitted our application for a 189 indep skilled migration visa.

Does anyone know how long it may take? I know that since 1 july, the visa numbers have changed and I assume that the waiting periods may change.

The literature says it may take 18months for a yes/no response....could it be shorter??

Hi there and welcome to the forum. Yes the literature may say 18 months and it could tale that long, unfortunately this is not a quick process, however those people who have been lucky enough to get an invite and have already submitted their visa application seem to be getting case officers assigned within about 5 weeks from the date of application. Some have even been requested to go for medicals and police clearances.

We are unfortunately STILL waiting for our agent to submit the application 30 days after the invite.

Good luck with the rest of the process and may it be a short one for you guys.

We are unfortunately STILL waiting for our agent to submit the application 30 days after the invite.

Damn they seem useless.

Maybe we should have a pinned topic of "Never use these agents".

Or you could put "Never use XYZ agents" in your signature.

I really feel sorry for you at their lack of application. In your case I'd excuse a day, maybe a week at most. Thirty days goes past uselessness, past incompetence into malevolence. Don't these people realise they're playing with LIVES here?

Hi ! May you have happy times in the forum family ! Wonderful for you to have been invited !! Enjoy the company, enjoy the ride !!