Snow in October!

Riekie

Notning is impossible in Australia! It is snowing! And not just a little bit! Trees are coming down, roads are closed, train lines are closed and 100's of stranded motorists had to be rescued! This is crazy! It is freezing! :o

post-4-0-48649500-1350015991_thumb.jpg

this is an incredible photo Riekie...where has it been taken? I cant believe its snowing...well in snowed in Pretoria a couple of months ago, the weather is getting more and more weird :D

Taken about an hours drive from Sydney in the Blue Mountains - lots of Sydneysiders living there and driving into Sydney for work and a very popular weekend spot for the city slickers! (I did not take the photo myself - it's one which was posted online by one of the newspapers here in Sydney :holy: )

I woke up this morning and went to hang the washing outside in a t shirt. I couldn't believe it had got so cold in one day.

My husband has a theory that October is still very cold in Sydney. I am not allowed to pack away heaters or any winter stuff. Maybe I will have to admit he has a point. Weird weather. Two weeks ago we literally had the heaters on one night and the fans on the very next.

Apparantly it's snowing in Adelaide too today!! It's quite strange at this time of year. I'm looking out over the river from my office and it is such a beautiful sunny day over in Perth. It's odd to think that on the other side of the country it's snowing!

Oh my word..wow that is crazy at this time of year..although here in Jhb it's freezing cold again today pouring with rain....

I checked my phone earlier in the week and it was 7 degrees in Adelaide. I think that was 9am on Tuesday. Brrrrr crazy.

Apparantly it's snowing in Adelaide too today!! It's quite strange at this time of year. I'm looking out over the river from my office and it is such a beautiful sunny day over in Perth. It's odd to think that on the other side of the country it's snowing!

I think I remember it snowing and being 35c in Australia on the same day...it does look weird on the news :)

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1