Tim Tams, Jelly Babies en Weetbix Up & Go

Lynnie

Good day Mates!

Ons vlieg volgende week SA toe vir 'n besoek :ph34r: .

My vrae is: Kan mens Tim Tams en Jelly Babies in jou handbaggasie pak? My familie en pelle is MAL daaroor en ek wil so 10 pakke oorvat - word dit toegelaat aan boord?

Dan: My dogtertjie eet nie vliegtuig kos nie (kan haar nie blameer nie, manlief en ek het siek geword op kersdag se Quantas vlug - was HORRIBLE :stretcher::angry2: ) Sy drink wel die strawberry Up & Go melk van Weetbix - dink julle ek kan so paar van dit in die hand luggage pak vir haar?

I never had any problems taking food into SA. One Christmas we went back and as we have a very big family in SA we decided to make gift baskets as a gift for each family for Christmas.

We took 10 packets of Anzac busicuts, 10 Aussie Breakfast tea, 10 of whatever other things Australian . I avoided packing chocolate in case of melting. Then we bought 10 baskets at Mr Price and we did gift baskets up for everyone.

Btw we also took those cheap towels you can buy at Kmart with the Aussie flag, for all the teenagers :)

Anyway. Yes. Food was fine, they don't even ask. But lock up your case very well.

As for the up & go - if it's more than 100mls you can't take it on board (liquids)

Why don't you pre-order a kids meal for your daughter's flight (you tell the travel agent and also just have to phone a couple of days before). The kids meals are much nicer. They get better food and treats and a toy :)

Edited by Bronwyn&Co
  • Like 1

Yes we do pre-order the kids meals, but she (and my son) can't stomache it :wacko::stretcher: I don't blame her. Ek sal maar broodjies/sausage rolls/nuggets maak en inpak.

So jy dink dit sal ok wees om al die koekies en swieties in die handbagasie te sit?

Thnx :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Ek het eenmaal teruggekom van Turkeye, en daar was snifhonde wat die tasse gesnif het vir drugs en vars kosse, en ek vermoed graan kosse. Hulle het 'n appel by my gekonfiskeer, ek het baie skaam gevoel! :blush: Ek weet nie of Suid Afrika net so streng is met vlugte van Australia nie, maar ek sal versigtig wees vir vars kos en kos wat oopgemaak is.

Edit om by te se, geseelde pakkies kos behoort nie 'n probleem te wees nie.

Edited by Scarlette

General rule: no liquids over 100ml. Any foodstuff must be sealed (i.e. chips, sweets, etc.), no fresh produce (i.e. nuggets, fruits, broodjies, etc.)

We came back from the USA with loads of sweets and stuff like that in our luggage and had no problems on arrival at Jhb. Friend of mine just came back from NZ with 10 packets of tim tams and no issues either. I would just leave whatever is left of the nuggets, fruit or bread on the plane though JIC and only bring in sealed goods, but sweets in your luggage even hand luggage should not be an issue.

Lynnie: Ons is nou al amper n jaar terug in SA na 2 jaar in NZ en ek is so bly om TIM-TAMS en UP&GO by ons pick n pay te kry.glo nie jy sal probleme he om dit saam te bring nie.geniet julle kuier.

• Like 1

Lynnie

Very exciting for your upcoming trip. Hope you have a great time.

Re the milk on the flight: you can take it on the plane with you, just put it in one of those trays when you go through luggage check and specify that it is food for your little girl (I assume she is still little, then it is considered "babyfood". Been doing this for the last 6 years - never had a problem. I was asked once to open one of the milk boxes and have a sip in front of them, honestly :-)

P.S my sister always request to bring her those "Snack" chocolate slabs. The one with different fillings in different chocolate squares.

Enjoy.

B