TanjaU: Intro

Ungerers (Tanja U)

Hi,

My naam is Tanja en bly in Centurion, Pta (Tshwane) Gauteng, SA.

My man is genader deur 'n IT co in Oz en dit lyk belowend. Ons begin nou maar die dinge uitkyk en het honderde vrae. Ons sal in Melbourne bly as ons oorgaan. Die co het gese hulle reel al die Visas ens ens.

Hoe werk die punte stelsel en hoe score mens punte? Die co het gese dit sal nie 'n probleem wees omdat my man 'n graad het en hulle hom sponsor. Is dit so?

Ook, waar bly mens in Melbourne? Die Co is in ferntree gully. Ons wil nie in die stad bly nie en hou van see of berge. Wil ook nie in 'n crappy neighbourhood bly nie. Soek iets soos Centurion, as daar is?

Ek het ook 'n 18maande oue seuntjie en is oor 'n week due met my 2de kind. Is daar speel groepies of toptots/mothers and miracles/moms and babes???? anything like that?

Kan iemand my se wat is 'n annual salary wat mens moet verdien sodat vroulief nie hoef te werk nie en nog bo gemiddeld te kan leef of gemiddeld, net nie op die broodlyn nie.

Hoeveel karre besit mense daar? Enige karavane? Het die huise 1 of 2 garages ens ens.

Please help this virgin!

Hoop om van almal te hoor!

:whome:

Hi,

Welkom by die forum. Hier is baie antwoorde op baie vrae.

Sterkte met julle werk, hoop jou man kry dit. Die visa wat julle sal kry is heel waarskynlik `n 457, dit is `n tydelike werkspermit wat 4 jaar geldig is. Op daai een kan jy na 2 jaar vir `n permanente visa aansoek doen en dan na nog so paar jaar vir `n paspoort.

Die punte is vir die permanente visa's, so dit sal nie nou `n probleem wees nie.

Groete en baie welkom

Johan

Hi,

Welkom by die forum. Hier is baie antwoorde op baie vrae.

Sterkte met julle werk, hoop jou man kry dit. Die visa wat julle sal kry is heel waarskynlik `n 457, dit is `n tydelike werkspermit wat 4 jaar geldig is. Op daai een kan jy na 2 jaar vir `n permanente visa aansoek doen en dan na nog so paar jaar vir `n paspoort.

Die punte is vir die permanente visa's, so dit sal nie nou `n probleem wees nie.

Groete en baie welkom

Johan

Hi Johan,

Thanks, hoop ander mense sal ook bietjie lig op die ander vrae kan gooi.

Praat weer

T

Tania, julle gaan hou van Ferntree gully. Dit is reg langs Belgrave en dit is baie groen en bebos daar en aan die voet van die Dandenong ranges. Julle sal elke more die lorikeets en papegaaie kan voer wat in die bos woon. Doen 'n google search vir "Belgrave Victoria". Dit is 'n groot toeriste aanloklikheid en jul behoort baie fotos op die net te kry. Soek vir die 'puffing billy' ook. Dis 'n baie nice neighbourhood maar duur. Jul sal dalk eerder in omliggende buurte wil huur.

Ek sou se $80 - $90 sou 'n gemaklike salaris wees maar mens kan ook klaarkom met $70. Belgrave en Ferntree Gully het 'n spoorlyn wat direk stad toe gaan so indien jul eers net een motor het, sal jul oor die weg kom. Julle sal sien op www.realestate.com.au dat meeste van die plekke het net een of twee garages en/of afdakke. Dit is algemeen dat karre buite in die driveway of in die straat staan oornag. Gebruik http://maps.google.com/ om Ferntree Gully, Victoria te kry.

Melbourne is een van die wereldstede wat 'n groot verskeidenheid leefstyle aanbied. Jul sal maar eers hier moet kom woon en als bekyk. Suid Afrikaners hou van Doncaster/Templestowe. Dan is daar in Point Cook 'n klomp, in Sunbury 'n klomp en ook verstrooi oor East, South East Melbourne.

Groete, Sunflower

Hi Sunflower,

Thanks vir die reply. Net oor die salaris, het iewers anders gelees van voor taxes of sups en of na. Glo maak dit 'n groot verskil. Kyk ons hier na bruto of net. Ek het ook gelees die tiepe visa wat ons voor kwalifiseer sluit nie healthcare in nie. Kan jy dalk lig op die onderwerp werp?

Thanks

Hi

Daar is Playgroups wat 'n mens aan kan behoort. Dit kos so $180 vir die jaar en 'n mens kom een keer 'n week saam met ander ma's en kinders bymekaar. Doen 'n "search" op Google vir Playgroups Victoria en jy sal daar meer inligting kan kry. Baie van die kerke doen ook soortgelyke goed.

As julle op 'n 457 visa kom (dis hoe meeste maatskappye werknemers borg) dan sal julle nie Medicare (staat se medies) kan gebruik nie en sal julle privaat medies moet uitneem.

Nog een laaste ding oor die medies. Onthou om 'n brief van julle huidige mediese maatskappy saam te bring. Partykeer "wave" die mediese maatskappy van die "waiting periods" as jy voorheen aan 'n privaat mediese maatskappy behoort het.

Hi Everyone,

Just want to let you know that my husband got the job offer yesterday. Although we have alot of questions for the employer and have not yet done anything except being on the forum we are realising that it is all going to happen. My husband is going over for a week to meet the employer and to do a bit of exploring as we have never been in Oz. If I read all your comments re applications etc. it sounds like we are very lucky to be invited to Oz and we do not have to go through the whole application for PR thing and point system etc etc. which takes ages. We will be going on a sponsorship which is only for two years but will apply for PR once we are there.

My husband will be going over first week in May, once the employment contract is signed and sealed, how long before we will be in Oz, 6 months?

Now it is up to us to start all the arrangements, selling the house, cars, finding a house for our 12 week old Labby, but for now I am enjoying my last 5 days of pregnancy as my child is due on tuesday!

Have a great day! :ilikeit:

Edited by Tanja PTA/MELBOURNE

Congratulations on getting the job.

I think it removes a lot of stress if you can go over already having a job, rather than to try and finance your job hunting there.

6 Months? It could be a lot faster than that.

Good luck.

hi Tanja

Just PMed you with a list of links relating to "cost of living" and you guys will be ok. Also I just realised you said you were due pretty soon - that is actually a good thing to have the baby in S.A. as I assume you are covered by medical aid. Coming over on a 457 visa - you will not qualify for MediCare until you get PR - so basically if you wanted to have the baby here you would have had to pay for it :wacko: eina that is expensive.

Also just wanted to say that when we came over we had a 2yr old and my wife was 6mnths pregnant. It is a bit hard in the beginning, but at least staying at home with your kids will be a good thing and as I pointed out in one of your other posts - there are plenty of baby/kids activities around Mel.

Also to give you an idea - we came out on a 457 visa - from start of process to arrving in Syd was less than 4mnths. Also see if company will pay any of the relocaiton costs or plane tickets and maybe even throw in a week or two of accomodation when you arrive so you have time to look for a place. Also ask if they have relocation agents. The company that brought me over gave us access to a relocation agent when we arrived who pulled a list of rental properties together for us and drove us around to them, helped us get the gas, electricity, telephone etc all turned on, helped with ank accounts, provied an informaiton pack on Australia, Victoria, Melbourne and lots of other bits and pieces. All they can say is no, but if you dont ask the answer is No already.

Not sure if the PC thing is to say Good Luck, Best Wishes, Break a leg (maybe not a good idea) with the upcoming birth of your 2nd child and all the best with your plans. I will PM my personal details so if hubby wants ot get together in May thats not a worry

Rgds

matman

Hi Everyone,

Just want to let you know that my husband got the job offer yesterday. Although we have alot of questions for the employer and have not yet done anything except being on the forum we are realising that it is all going to happen. My husband is going over for a week to meet the employer and to do a bit of exploring as we have never been in Oz. If I read all your comments re applications etc. it sounds like we are very lucky to be invited to Oz and we do not have to go through the whole application for PR thing and point system etc etc. which takes ages. We will be going on a sponsorship which is only for two years but will apply for PR once we are there.

My husband will be going over first week in May, once the employment contract is signed and sealed, how long before we will be in Oz, 6 months?

Now it is up to us to start all the arrangements, selling the house, cars, finding a house for our 12 week old Labby, but for now I am enjoying my last 5 days of pregnancy as my child is due on tuesday!

Have a great day! :ilikeit:

Baie geluk :ilikeit: Ek hoop julle sal baie gelukkig wees. Ongelukkig het ek nie voldoende kennis op die gebied van salarisse nie maar ek hoop dit en die voordele is na jul smaak. Julle gaan baie hou van Ferntree Gully, die Dandenong ranges en omgewing.

Sunflower

Hi Tanja,

Ek is ok Tania (met 'n i) en bly ok in Centurion :D So... jy is nou nou 8 maande en 1 jaar swanger :wacko: , hulle sê mos daardie laaste maand voel soos een jaar!

Julle is beslis baie gelukkig om 'n sponsor te kan kry, daar is soveel mense wat gou in Aus wil aankom en geduldig moet wag vir die 136 visa! Ons gaan ook oor op 'n 457 visa, Sydney toe. Dit wil voorkom of 'n salaris van 90000$ 'n heel markverwante salaris vir die IT-bedryf is. Net 'n ligpuntjie - soos ek verstaan - op 'n 457 visa betaal jy nie so baie belasting soos wanneer jy PR het nie! Jy kwalifiseer ook vir 'n "allowance away from home", so ek voel elke bietjie help!

Die kwaliteit van lewe wat julle gaan terugkry, kan nie in geld gemeet word nie, maar is van onskatbare waarde! :ilikeit:

Groete van huis tot huis

TanIa :D

Baie geluk. Van nou af kan alles net goed gaan.

Groete Wendy

Thanks everyone for the best wishes, dankie, sunnybananas!

Will keep you in the loop on how we are progressing.

We have alot of celebrating to do once we are in Melbourne!!!

Hi Mat, will keep you up to date on Jaco's dates etc etc - thanks for all your help - hope you are not a serial killer or something that are targeting me :blush:

Cheers

T ;)

Edited by Tanja PTA/MELBOURNE

Hi Tania,

I'm a little late, but welcome anyway :blush: I was in South Africa for a couple of weeks and the forum klnda ran away from me for a while there :whome:

Anyhow, congratulations on the job offer - sounds like you've already hooked up with some great ppl to celebrate with when you get there ;)

Love

Ajay

PS - Oh, and don't worry about Matt - we have a strict "no serial-killers: rule on the forum :lol::lol:

Hi Tania,

I'm a little late, but welcome anyway :blush: I was in South Africa for a couple of weeks and the forum klnda ran away from me for a while there :whome:

Anyhow, congratulations on the job offer - sounds like you've already hooked up with some great ppl to celebrate with when you get there ;)

Love

Ajay

PS - Oh, and don't worry about Matt - we have a strict "no serial-killers: rule on the forum :lol::lol:

Do you think the dad of these two could be a serial killer :lol:

Refer my personal image on my profile - let me know if you cant see it and I will PM you

Rgds

Matt

Edited by matman

mmmm, nope... except if these are pics of two of your victims :blush:

No, they are gorgeous, my first born is also a little blond guy with blue eyes, don't know where that genes come from as myself and hubby are both brunettes with brown eyes.

PS: Is anyone going to the Grand Prix seeing that you guys are right in the action? What is the cost of a ticket as my f.i.l (father in law) is grand prix mad and we also kinda like it.

Have a lovely day ;)

mmmm, nope... except if these are pics of two of your victims :blush:

No, they are gorgeous, my first born is also a little blond guy with blue eyes, don't know where that genes come from as myself and hubby are both brunettes with brown eyes.

PS: Is anyone going to the Grand Prix seeing that you guys are right in the action? What is the cost of a ticket as my f.i.l (father in law) is grand prix mad and we also kinda like it.

Have a lovely day ;)

There is alot happening in Mel this week:

Grand Prix - many ticket options , but a single day admisison ranges from $39 on Thu to $99 on Sun or a 4day ticket $175 - there are also family and concession tickets

FINA Swimming World Champs

Moomba Waterfest

Avalon AirShow

This does not include AFL & NRL which will happen on the weekend - Mel is the sporting/event capital of Australia

Rgds

matman

Thanks,

Not bad, can't wait for next year's event!

• 2 weeks later...

HI All,

Just want to let those of you know that has chatted to me before that we had a healthy baby boy on the 20th of March and his name is Liam, weighed 2.6kg and is a dream baby.

So, our family consist of Hubby (Jaco), Myself, Ulrich (18 months) and Liam (6 days) ;)

Hi Tanja,

Congrats with the little one. Sure he will give u lots of joy and happiness in the future.

Me, my wife and 4 year old daughter will be leaving for Melbourne on the 5th May, also on a 457 visa. She is also a Tania, but with an 'i'. The only thing we had to do for the visa was go for medical check ups, which consisted of x-rays for me and my wife and a medical check for the little one.

We live in Centurion, give me a PM if you want to know what else is happening in our lives around the move. O, our journey started around the second week in January, so it will definitly not be 6 months before you go.

Regards,

Nico

HI All,

Just want to let those of you know that has chatted to me before that we had a healthy baby boy on the 20th of March and his name is Liam, weighed 2.6kg and is a dream baby.

So, our family consist of Hubby (Jaco), Myself, Ulrich (18 months) and Liam (6 days) :D

Hi Tanja

Congrats with the new edition. Glad to hear all is going well. Will PM you my contact details so hubby can get in touch when he arrives

Rgds

matman