LSD & Application

Hi All;

We are planning to go for LSD trip in May 2007 (pending on leave etc), but we are also planning to submit our application for a 136 Visa in April. The problem is that we have heard that you are not allowed to apply for a Holiday Visa if you applied for Permanent Residency. Do any body know the rules for Holiday Visa if you applied for Permanent Residency?

Hi Etienne en Elsa,

We are also planning to lodge our PR application in April 2007 :D (finally... :whome: ). Don't know about the Visitor's Visa when you've applied for PR :whome: .

All the best with your application :blink: !

Lovies, Pippa! X

Guest Larry

It was about 12 years ago, but I don't think that the regulations regarding this have changed...

I was living in New Zealand. In October 1994, I submitted a Class 121 application for Permanent Residence in Australia. - Sponsored by my employer. I wanted to go across to Australia for the Christmas / New Year period. - Visit friends and attend the company Christmas party.

As I had already been for the medicals, I knew that they were close to granting approval. - I therefore decided to play things strictly "by the book" and asked the Australian High Commission what I should do. I was called in for an interview and asked for full details of my trip to Australia. "How do we know that you are going to return from Australia to New Zealand?" - "Because I don't want to jeopardise my Permanent Residency Application." I was then given a single entry visa valid for exactly the period that I had stated in my visa application.

I went across to Australia for my holiday, had a great time and then returned to NZ. Within 3 days, I received a letter from the Australian High Commission to inform me that my application for Permanent Residence in Australia has been granted!

They must have realised that they were going to grant it before they subjected me to that interview. - They were probably just being "bloody minded". :whome: Or maybe they weren't!!

But that is the only advice I can give. - Tell the Australians exactly what you are about and what you want to do.

Pippa, good luck. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Larry, thanks for the advice. I think we will do just that.

Elsa and Etienne