Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 60mg

dazzmatazz

Hi All

I know that Tabs containing the above are available in OZ. In SA the only product that contains it is Sudafed (one of the variations they make) and it is mixed with 500mg of paracetamol. The paracetamol is the reason that you can walk into any pharmacy and get it over the counter as it prevents its use in cutting the Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride for illicit purposes. In SA you used to be able to get adco sufadrin over the counter but of course no longer.

In Oz, i came across this product. http://www.amcal.com.au/amcal-products/sinus-and-allergy-relief/sinus-and-nasal-relief-tablets/ and am wandering if any one has information relating to it. Specifically does one think a Doctor would be able to prescribe it for valid purposes? In brief I am a freediver (deep sea diving using breath hold only) and this substance is non-drowsy and is the ONLY stuff that works to preventing sinus headaches caused by the pressure. I am not a Doctor and don't know why but it just does. Also any ideas at what it will cost?

Secondly do you know of any nasal sprays that contain Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 60mg. In some countries you can get them but not sure in OZ. I know that its use in illicit narcotics manufacturing has severely stopped its availability.

Any help will be great.

Is this Sudafed? I know there is a type of Sudafed which is very hard to get in Aus. I used to get terrible flu, bronchitis, etc and only that Sudafed cleared it up. The twice I asked for it in Australia, I had to wait about 45 mins while they checked whether I was on the National Drug Register. But in spite of deeply suspicious pharmacists, I was given it. But that was 3 years ago. Now I get flu shots.

I was in town at lunch time so I popped into the chemist - I use the another type of tablets for my sinuses and was interested in other options.

Anyway here was their answer

You can get packets of 12 Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 60mg - the packet they showed me was a Sudafed product - just that one active ingredient listed (sorry I forgot to ask the price - I expect somewhere between $10-25).

You need to take a drivers licence or passport ID with you, and you can get up to 12 x 60mg tablets over the counter.

If you want / need more than 12 at a time you need a script.

They had the nasal spray on the open shelves and said that it did not have the abuse history so was not behind the counter.

Hope that is of use

Tee

Thanks so much. That is just the response I was looking for.

I am not too concerned as to who manufactures it, as long as it is that one ingredient. I also generally only dive around a max of 12 times in a month but most often it is around say 6 times. So a supply of 12 will be perfect. I will leave a copy of my drivers, lease agreement and bank statement, they can even take a DNA sample if they want :D as long as I can prevent those horrid head aches.

Apparently one can turn Sudafed tablets into meth, with a little help from Google. They will take your details at the pharmacy every time, meh!

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

Apparently one can turn Sudafed tablets into meth, with a little help from Google. They will take your details at the pharmacy every time, meh!

Yeh Bron, and that is why I can no longer get adco sufadrin in SA. It used to be easy and they were like R18 for 30 tabs. Now I have to pay R18 for 10 sudafed (still not expensive I know).

I am happy to part with a copy of details, heck even if its 100 points. That's fine with me.