Anyone set up NAB Classic and iSaver accounts?

Werns

I've written and asked about related issues before, but I have a new question about this.

I want to set up an account with NAB and link it with the iSaver which gives a decent interest rate.

But, on the NAB website I don't see anything about how you pay money into your iSaver.

And since you won't have access to internet banking, I don't know that you would be able to move money from one to the other.

So, is what I want to do even possible?

Can you put money into the iSaver?

Or, can you only put it into the Classic account and move it to the iSaver once in Australia?

Thanks.

hi Werns, when I opened my NAB account I also opted for the linked i-saver, and when I received my details I got two bank account numbers, so you can transfer money directly into the i-saver from here.

They told me that I will not have access to internet banking until I validate the account in person, but should I need the balance or any other transactions like a transfer I can just email them and they will do it for me

Just a tip on the isaver. When you open the isaver account you get a really good interest rate but after 3 months it drops unless you open another isaver, transfer the money and close that account.

Not sure if non-residents can use it but NAB own an internet only savings bank called ubank. It almost always offers better rates than iSaver.

www.ubank.com.au

Edited by Fish

Thanks for the information.

Now I can get some of my money over there and earning some interest as well.

Sooo Donovan...how did the first day at work go...and when are you going to tell us all about Perth!!

Sooo Donovan...how did the first day at work go...and when are you going to tell us all about Perth!!

I was also wondering about this!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just applied for an i saver account but it says you have to be a permanent or temporary resident... Did I miss something somewhere?

I can use my folks details but I wanted to open a joint account in hubby and my names...

There is a specific button for immigrants, not the normal route. They ask what visa do you intend to use so indicate which visa. Im assuming it would be ok even if you dont have the visa yet, as they did not ask me my visa number or proof of my visa etc

https://www.nab.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/nab/nab/home/personal_finance/15/23/1/2

• 2 weeks later...