Virgin flying between Oz and RSA again

Tsunabi

Virgin offering flights between Sydney and Jhb or Sydney and CT. Not cheap though, almost $1800 one way!

This is just a codeshare with Singapore Airline (so stopover in Singarpore). Prices should be around $1800 RETURN.

Appologies, the prices are for a RETURN flight.

• Like 1

Just paid $2300 for a return flight with Qantas for my wife (Melb, Syd, JHB) return (She is there at the moment)

So 1800 bucks is a bargain

Just paid $2300 for a return flight with Qantas for my wife (Melb, Syd, JHB) return (She is there at the moment)

Yep, I paid $1800 return on SAA in 2009, so it sounds pretty good considering fuel prices and inflation.

Jip, I agree its a bargain. We paid that in 2010 so its not bad :-) I thought the prices were one way only 8-0

Where are you seeing these prices? According to their site a single ticket (via Heathrow, so I may be doing this wrong) is R 24K for economy.

The difference is that Qantas flies direct. If you ask me the extra $500 is worth not having to stop over in Singapore, which just about doubles your journey time.

• Like 2

@Riaanebre

All the amounts we are giving here are in Australia Dollar so multiply by 8.7 to get rands

@Hansa

Yep, when I sent my wife over we looked and the extra (was about 400 for us) for direct shaved something along the lines of 8 hours each way off, worth the bit extra

I agree Emile , 1800 is ok , 1440 is good and 925 (3700 for 4 - as per quantas sale beginning Sep) is a BARGAIN!!! For starters people - never fly on Fri or Sun - always go outside these.

• Like 1

We paid $1775.00 with Virgin via Singapore to Jhb. Yes, it doubles your travel time, but we see that part of the holidays.

Leaving 28 November.

• Like 1