Hello from the lurking Biltongboer

Biltongboer

Hello ladies and germs,

It's been a while since the old BB has been lurking on the forum like a hyena prowling for some freebies. I've also been very laid-back about blogging and tweeting and all that stuff. Since moving to WA I've adopted the "Wait-a while" lifestyle for which WA is renowned in the upper circles of society.

I see the Cooler is empty, which is a good sign. Looks like the old forumites are keeping their hands clean and their consciences dirty or something like that!

I just got my letter from the Majesty her Queen herselwers, she has requested that I write the citzenship test in my full glory and then I'll have to sing "Waltzing Matilda", "God save Julia" and "Advance Australian Fairies" or something like that. :closedeyes:

I'll be buried behind the books for the next month or two - on the 8th of November I have to be tested and then I will be invited for a glorious fancy ceremony where the Queen Majesty herself will be presenting me with the Honorus Crux and my Australian citizenship certificate.

OK, I made up some of this but half of it is true.

By the way, if you live in Perth and you're looking for good Suidwes biltong then give us a shout and I'll pop some in your direction for $40 a kilo - daylight robbery if you ask me, but the old Biltongboer is a decent chap mate.

Seeya later mate

By the way: Waas die spelchecker op die ding? They've changed everything around here...

Edited by Biltongboer
  • Like 7

Had a good laugh at your post. Congrats in advance!

$40 per kilo is cheap - I am paying $60 in Brissy!!! Now that is daylight robbery!! But so so so so worth it..

Had a good laugh at your post. Congrats in advance!

$40 per kilo is cheap - I am paying $60 in Brissy!!! Now that is daylight robbery!! But so so so so worth it..

Marc I can show you how to make it :D

Hellooooo BB

Long time since we have heard from you.......I thought you had perhaps emigrated to Namibia or somewhere...lol....Good luck with your citizenship test, it is a piece of cake, we did ours in February this year and are now as Australian as Jason and Kylie..

• Like 1

If only you would post that biltong to Melbourne! Good to see you back!

I can always do a vacuum pack and try to post it - the sniffer dogs at Melbourne might get a little high but as long as we keep them on a leash your parcel will arrive with a few pieces still intact :grads:

Would you ship to Bne? And can you make kurkdroog biltong? :-)

And do you know what they (in QLD anyway) give you after the ceremony? A baby Aussie tree to plant & nurture. Cool, of hoe rammetjies?

Hi Biltongboer.

Good luck with your citizenship test. A friend did one recently and the queue took a lot longer than expected so keep that in mind if you have other things to do on the 8th.

Where in Perth are you based? My hubby is making his own biltong in a food dehydrator I bought him a while ago... I know it's cringeworthy but we are Aussies trying to make Biltong!! I'll suss out if he wants me to buy him some. $40/kg is very cheap... we were paying $56/kg at Kalahari every now and then when I picked up some spices.

And do you know what they (in QLD anyway) give you after the ceremony? A baby Aussie tree to plant & nurture. Cool, of hoe rammetjies?

We are in Qld and were given a commemorative one dollar coin and a book about Australia, some councils don't give out trees anymore because people move around, but I have friends near the Gold Coast who were given a tree.