Can a nurse assist?

Tes

Dear All

This might sound like a rather strange request but is there any nursing staff on this forum that could possible assist to administer an injection. My husband receives chronic medication and requires an injection every three months. This is totally above board, we have the prescription and the sealed medication.

Back in SA we use to go to a Mediclinic and the sister in casualty would administer the injection for us, (naturally a doctor had made a note on the file, authorizing the nurses to do so) however here in Perth, somehow I do not think that this will fly. I don't think that we will just be able to go to a clinic or hospital and request assistance, probably plenty of red tape to go through, plus I am sure they will be convinced that we are up to no good.

If someone could let me know or guide us in the right direction it would be much appreciated. You are welcome to pm me.

Kind regards

Tes

My guess is you would have to make an appointment with your local GP and take the prescription and medication with you. If the GP is happy about it, they may well arrange for you to just pop in and get their nurse to administer the injection in the future. There may well be a small cost for the service of the nurse.