Activation and job hunting: When?

buzz

We are thinking about doing our activation trip the last week of November/1st week of December and to also use the opportunity to set up appointments with possible employers/recruiters during that time. My questions are: When do businesses usually start to slow down at the end of the year? Or is it advisable to rather wait till the April school holidays next year? As you know it will cost us a small fortune, so timing is crucial.

Thanks!!!

I would wait for Apr next year.

Me too. Go to Flight Centre and get quotes for flights for both options. Accommodation will probably be more expensive for the first option too, that is if you can find a vacancy. That is besides the fact that people begin to seriously wind down in Dec. Many people, if they can swing it, add stored up holiday days/weeks onto the official Xmas/new year holidays. So, even though the office might be open for almost the whole time, it will be seriously understaffed, crucially often by the people who can make the hiring decisions. Good luck.

April is far better for recruitment appointments and absolutely better for ticket prices.

Thank you! We'll wait for April next year. Luckily we have until end of June 2013 to activate our visas. xxx