Drums

Guest May

Hi everyone,

My eldest has a set of drums, a good sturdy set of noise makers. Is there any restrictions in residential areas in terms of noise/ sound / music......We still at ground breaking level LOL

Must I take them or must I leave them?

Must I take them or must I leave them?

I suppose that would depend on how soundproof the walls are where you eventually stay

Most houses aren't that soundproof, and most "plots" are small - 600m^2 is classed as "huge".

Many people work shifts and try to sleep during the day, so for the sake of goodwill, leave them.

Noise restrictions vary by council/state, but are not unreasonable.

I think it's more just a common courtesy thing rather than noise restrictions as such. If he plays them late at night you may get complaints and council or police visits, but generally, during the day, and if reasonable I don't think you'll have too many issues if you live in a typical suburban street where your neighbours aren't on top of you.

The teenage kid next door has drums and an electric guitar and plays them loud enough for us to hear, but mostly during the day and never at night which is fine by us.

I think it depends on a combination of things- how close your neighbours are, the aspect of your houses, how tolerant your neighbours are, and how reasonable the volume and frequency are.

I say bring them. He could be the next Dave Grohl :)

• Like 1

Agree with HansaPlease,

Our neighbour has a son that plays the drums and they are in their garage, we can hear them but he plays, he does not just sit and bash them which I think makes a difference (if it were my kids it would be sheer hell, they don't know how to play drums), and he usually plays when he returns from school or tech and plays for 2-3 hours and by 6pm he is usually done. We don't complain and I don't think anyone else does, the fact is he is considerate, which we appreciate.

Just my 2c

T

Edited by Orion25
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...