Durban: Coffee Club, March 25th, 2007

celeste

Hi Everyone in Durban

We are having a coffee club meeting at Amurula in Syringa/Maryvale Road in Dawncliffe, Westivlle on March 25 at 2pm. All are welcome and for those who don't know the place there's a great playgound with sandpit, swings and jungle gym for the kids right where we can sit and have coffee and cakes!

If you are coming from Westville central Buckingham Terrace go across the robots at Westville Mall past the church into Church Road and then take a second left into Langford Rd and continue on this road over the highway bridge. Just after the bridge (very soon, it's tight there) turn right into Marford Ave and then take a second left into Circle Drive and then a second right into Maryvale Road...follow this road for about 1 to 2 km down the hill and look out for Amarula signage ...it's on the right hand side of the road. Hope this helps if in doubt check your map book!

See you then.

Lyse

Would have REALLY been keen to attend, but will be out of town from 16 March thru to late afternoon 25 March.

Will defenitely keep a look out for the next date though.

Willem

Musgrave

Hi,

I'm not sure if Alan's message was read in the last series of post's but considering we all met for the first time in February and left with the intention of getting together when his daughter is out from Oz, can we not change the date to a weekend after to best accomodate everyone?

I know I'd like to ask questions to someone living in Oz (his daughter has been there for 1 year now).

Don't know if this is ok but it is something we discussed at our last encounter...

Thanks Hayley

Hi,

I'm not sure if Alan's message was read in the last series of post's but considering we all met for the first time in February and left with the intention of getting together when his daughter is out from Oz, can we not change the date to a weekend after to best accomodate everyone?

I know I'd like to ask questions to someone living in Oz (his daughter has been there for 1 year now).

Don't know if this is ok but it is something we discussed at our last encounter...

Thanks Hayley

hi hayley

As you can see, i've changed my user name. Do you mean to change the date to the weekend following the 25 March. is she going to be here and available march 31 or April 1? If she is here so soon and so close to the date we might as well change it...what does everyone else think? Otherwise I don't mind meeting on the 25 March and then again a couple of weeks later. it all depends when his daughter is here? I don't want to be the only one to suggest the date. Please confirm if I'm understanding correctly and that you'd like to move the date to march 31 or April first, as in the weekend after the date planned.

Many thanks

Lyse

Hi Lyse

I have pasted the post that Alan & Jenny did below:-

Mar 9 2007, 05:46 AM Post #35

Hi Durbanites! Sorry I've missed these plans until now. I see you've already made lots of changes to your coffee club plans, but I just wanted to suggest that IF you like the idea and can make it the following Sunday, 1 April, our daughter and son-in-law, Ingrid and Paul, will be out here on holiday, having just completed their first year in Brisbane. I'm sure they'd love to join the group and answer some of your questions and chat about their experiences. If you'd rather not change now that's okay, but we have a big family lunch planned with them on the 25th so won't be able to join you.

Alan & Jenny

As can be seen from their post, their daughter and son-in-law will be here and will be able to attend a coffee club on the 01April - the week after the one you suggested.

I think it would be great to hear first hand from a couple who have just completed their first year in Oz. Having said that, I won't be able to attend as my kids & I fly out on the 2nd April to start anew down under! :D

Take Care!!

Pam

Hi Lyse,

I'd love to meet with Alan, Jenny and their daughter and son in law! So if you're happy can we perhaps change the date to the 1st of April. What about a morning session? Sorry I know I'm changing plans already but I've got two toddlers and they sleep in the afternoon!

If it's possible the change would be greatly appreciated!

What was your user name before?

Hayley

So if you're happy can we perhaps change the date to the 1st of April. What about a morning session? Sorry I know I'm changing plans already but I've got two toddlers and they sleep in the afternoon!

Hello there,

I have cancelled the Amarula booking for the 25th. Could you please advise the new date to Amarula. I doubt that we are able to make the 1st April.It wouldve been great meeting all the new members.

Regards

Just a suggestion, why don't we keep both dates as I see there is some members who can make the 25th and not the 1st and the other way around....We can only make the 25th, and it looks like Pam, and Fisherman can also only make that date as well. Lyse, which date are you able to make??

Morning

we are availiable both weekends, just let us know which weekend, we don't mind if you make it both weekends.

Regards

Camper

Hi guys

let's make it both weekends then....March 25 at 2pm as originally planned and also on April 1 in the morning. can we make it around 10.30am on the first as I also have a 1 year old that usually sleeps in the morning!! But I can wake him to be there for 10.30am if that's okay with you as I'd also love to attend both meetings and find out how tricky it is settling in on the other side.

cheers

lyse

I appreciate you guys wanting to hear from Ingrid and Paul, but sorry it's causing strife with the planning. From our point of view we can only make it on the 1st April because of the family get-together on the 25th. Anyway, I'll just be watching to see what decision is made by the democrats :-)

Alan

Hi everyone,

I'm available on the 1st of April, 10.30am. I'm assuming we're going to the same spot, Amarula coffee shop?

Thanks very much for making an alternative arrangement. Hope to see as many of you Durbanites as possible!!!

Regards

Hayley

Hi Guys

That's fine then we'll meet on both days as per the arranged times at Amarula if everyone is happy with the venue etc?

Cheers

Lyse

What a great idea!

I would love to join you as well. On our way to Melbourne in the near future and i think it's a wonderful way to network. I'll be there! Will you be putting up a great big sign that reads 'off to Aus' on the table or will we all be recognisable by our great big smiles?

Hello there,

I have asked Amarula to reserve a table as "AUS coffee club". I am sure if you just mention it to the waitress on arrival she'll know.

See you then! :ilikeit:

Thanks Fisherman!!

See you all on Sunday 25th!! Looking forward to meeting all the newcomers!!

Robyn

By the sounds of things there's going to be quite a few people for the meet 'n greet. We''re on our way to Albany soon, and would love to join you, hope Amarula has enough space for everyone.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

It was great meeting everyone yesterday. Thanks Camper got your message this evening and will not do anything until I get the go-ahead from you that you still need help with the certificate.

It sounds promising though, I do hope it all works out. I booked my ielts test today they are already booking for July 21 and only had three or four seats left so if anyone in Durban needs to write I suggest you book sooner rather than later.

I think I'll take your route camper and not do any preparation other than looking to see what research I can do about the test on-line. I'm nervous already.

Look forward to the next meeting on April 1

cheers

Hi to all the Durbanites,

How about some photographs of your past coffee club meeting!

SAS

Hi All

Thanks to everyone who was at the Amarula Coffee Club on 1 April, I'm really glad I was there to meet you all :ilikeit: and a special thanks to Paul and Ingrid for their input and advice. I picked up on quite a bit of very useful info from everyone. Thanks again and I look forward to the next meet.

We need to set a date for the next meet, bearing in mind the long weekend at the end of April, weekend of 21st & 22nd April or 5th & 6th May suit us.

Cheers

Camper

Hi all

New to this site and the idea of moving to another country but wife and I have decided it is best for baby daughter (15 months). Would love to meet like minded people in Durban at one of these coffee meetings. How does it work? Can anyone attend or only invited people? :lol:

Any info greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

The Terblanche clan (Dave, Michelle and baby Caeleigh)

Anybody who has the same interests which is relocating to Oz, they are very interesting and informative.

cheers

Camper

Hi Camper

I'm sorry I missed the April 1 meeting. May 5 or 6 sounds good to me and preferably in the afternoon if thats also suitable for any other interested people...but I'm also open the the 21,22 april you suggested if this suits other better. Any suggestions for a venue camper or shall we just wear out the furniture and jungle gym at Amarula?

cheers