R U OK?

Reinhardt & Christa

In my last blog posting I mentioned how life has a way of becoming boring. Well, I guess life heard me... Here is the next entry to my blog (only in English this time - I'm too lazy tonight for translation)

I should have known something bad was bound to happen. Earlier this week I got an email from the HR lady at work informing us of the R U OK? campaign and encouraging us to join in on the 13th of September - “When last did you ask your colleague or friend, R U OK?”. Soon after, my one colleague asked me if I was ok, and I duly informed him that he can only ask me that question on the 13th.

Anyway, the 13th arrived and I had a rather unusual start to my day - I left on time for the bus stop. I somehow missed that subtle warning. I then got to the train station and the train was on time. Again the hint was lost on me. Would you believe it, but when I got on the train I actually got a seat. By this time I should have known to rather go home and lie down because no day of mine starts that perfectly, especially not a day that falls on the 13th.

continue...

• Like 2

Excellent, we also had R U OK day here at work yesterday, but I assure nothing that exciting happened here.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Jaaaa, Boet. Teach you to bend over in the street. :) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my gosh I have tears rolling down my cheeks from laughter! What a talented writer you are! Thanks for sharing this, it's so funny!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind comments all, I'm glad something good could come from my experience :)

• Like 1