Recommended Doctor in Glen Waverley / Wheelers Hill (Melbourne)

Eagle101

We are in the process of having our children's medical Immunisation cards loaded onto the system by the Monash City Council (we need an Immunisation certificate as part of the documentation required for school enrolment), and even though we are still waiting for these certificates, they did mention that our children will probably need some "needles" since at least one of the recommended vaccines is specific to Australia. They say that since our children are now over the age of 7 (ours are 8 and 10), they no longer qualify for free immunisation through the City Council. Is this true?

The City Council said that, once received, we should take the Immunisation Certificate to a GP to administer the required Immunisations.

Can anyone recommend a good doctor for the children (and for ourselves) in the Glen Waverley / Wheelers Hill area (preferably one that does "Bulk Billing", as I read somewhere that this also assists with paying / Medicare aspects etc).

Thanks!

Edited by Basil & Liezl

Hi B n L,

Strange.

We had to do the same as well. Waiting for the holidays to take the kids. We were told by the nurse that these "needles" are free on Medicare, have a letter to this effect. Went to council offices in Hawthorn. We are also on a 176 and in Melbourne like you guys, kids are similar ages so am not sure why you were not told these are free on Medicare.

I had them done at the council - we used to live in Wheelers Hill at first but then moved to Wonga Park. So now I take the kids to the council immunisation sessions at a church in Croydon Hills. And yes it's true above a certain age they have to pay and it's quite expensive as well. But you can have it done at the council - ask them where they have them in Monash.

I did visit a doctor in Wheelers Hill which did bulk billing, it was right opposite the smallish shopping center with Coles on Springvale Road (not the Glen). But I wouldn't go there all the time, okay for a once off.

Hi B n L,

Strange.

We had to do the same as well. Waiting for the holidays to take the kids. We were told by the nurse that these "needles" are free on Medicare, have a letter to this effect. Went to council offices in Hawthorn. We are also on a 176 and in Melbourne like you guys, kids are similar ages so am not sure why you were not told these are free on Medicare.

Hi Rad

Just thinking again, I think she meant they can't do the needles at the Council's own clinic for free anymore (due to children's ages), but we can have it done at a GP, pay for it and then try claim a portion back from Medicare - will probably try this approach and see what happens.

Thanks

But you can have it done at the council - ask them where they have them in Monash.

Thanks Sibella - I have sent them an e-mail requesting details