Got the process started today

tersiava

Hi everybody!

I have been browsing for a few weeks, and finally signed up with a Migration agency today. Now I must get my reference letters and EILTS test sorted. It all feels a bit daunting but I guess Ineed to take it one step at a time!

Thanks for all the info so far!

• Like 3

Hi everybody!

I have been browsing for a few weeks, and finally signed up with a Migration agency today. Now I must get my reference letters and EILTS test sorted. It all feels a bit daunting but I guess Ineed to take it one step at a time!

Thanks for all the info so far!

Welcome. I hope you have chosen you migration agency carefully. Its not a bad idea to run some of you big/expensive decisions by members of this forum before you sign on the dotted line. I have, in the past couple of weeks, read on the internet about a number of unsuspecting South Africans who signed over mega bucks (often borrowed money!) to "agencies" that have such bad reputations that they could have discovered with one basic google search that its a well known scam. They will never see a cent of that money again.

Sorry, its just my little rant. I sometimes cant understand why many people in RSA are so extremely suspicious of their own country men, just to jump in the fire when someone from "overseas" tell them to do so. Good luck with your journey.

• Like 2

Baie welkom en BAIE sterkte met alles, dit is nie 'n maklike besluit of pad wat voorle nie, maar VERSEKER die moeite werd :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Kan julle nie self die aansoek indien nie?

Hi, Yes, I NEARLY signed with one of the suspect ones. I googled them and came across quite a number of complaints worldwide, and I also thought they were a bit pushy. In the end I went with one of the agencies recommended on this site.

I considered doing it myself, but in the end decided to rather use the experts as I might need advice on my situation.

• Like 2

Just out of interest, what are these migration agents offering to do for you? Given the new EOI process, it seems like there is not much of a place for them at the start of the process.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have to agree with Nicse on that one. With the new EOI process all they are going to do is sit on your money (earning interest) until you get an invite which could take a while depending on how many points you score.

I guess though using an agent is largely a personal choice and not everyone has the energy to go through the mounds of information that floods your brain when you first decide to emigrate. Good luck with the process and make sure that you stay on top of those agents every step of the way, you're paying good hard earned cash for an expensive life changing service, make sure you get your pennies worth.

P.S. Just a matter of interest, we used agents and I firstly not recommend them to anyone and secondly if I had know in February what I know now I would have flow solo.

welcome and good luck with your process. It will be worth it in the end!