Why, when I don't have too?

Stephanisleaving

There are a lot of big reasons for people to want to leave South Africa. Murder etc.

I have experienced none of those. So I am leaving for the little reasons. The reasons that most think are not reason enough.

Lately I have been trying to get my electricity meter fixed. I use the word "lately" very loosely. (a year)!!

Anyway, nothing I do works. I still have electricity and everything so I suppose it isn't the biggest problem. Well that is what non-emmigrating people tell me. And I suppose they are right - I could put up with it. But why when I don't have to in Australia.

There are hundreds of those little things that we could all live with, but why, when we don't have too.

If the toilet is blocked, we could get in there and plunge. But if someone else says they'll do it, would you still do it?

• Like 4

There are a lot of big reasons for people to want to leave South Africa. Murder etc.

I have experienced none of those. So I am leaving for the little reasons. The reasons that most think are not reason enough.

Lately I have been trying to get my electricity meter fixed. I use the word "lately" very loosely. (a year)!!

Anyway, nothing I do works. I still have electricity and everything so I suppose it isn't the biggest problem. Well that is what non-emmigrating people tell me. And I suppose they are right - I could put up with it. But why when I don't have to in Australia.

There are hundreds of those little things that we could all live with, but why, when we don't have too.

If the toilet is blocked, we could get in there and plunge. But if someone else says they'll do it, would you still do it?

I could not agree with you more....

ya well no fine - but ........

To get someone to do for you in Oz costs $$$$$$

Many of us here have had to get used to doing for our selves, like putting your coffee mug in the dishwasher, doing laundry, ironing, even putting the fuel in your car yourself, etc.....

but I agree - at least everything here works :ilikeit:

Edited by patrice
  • Like 2

I for one can't wait to be rid of the total lack off effort that is South Africa lately...

I would happily pump my own petrol, or pack my own shopping bags or whatever if it means never having to deal with those surly miserable faces again. I'm so sick and tired of it now.

I used to try be overly friendly to try work a smile out of them. Now I'm just as rude back... if they can conduct an entire transaction in silence then so can I.

And also, never having a phone call from an unknown number and being assaulted with "howareyou" as soon as you answer.

• Like 2