Perth High Schools - Warwick, Woodvale, Belridge

BevF

Hi, we're moving to Perth, from Melbourne towards the end of the year and I would appreciate any feedback/comments on the above high schools?

Thank you.

Bev

Woodvale has a very good name, but people move to Woodvale to fall into the catchment, so the school rarely has places for people outside the catchment. (In other words, you will probably need to live in Woodvale to get into the school).

Belridge doesn't have a good name. Its a school that I have asked a lot about around Aussies, because it is our catchment high school. There is major face-pulling when you mention the school (which is surprising for Aussies who tend to be more diplomatic than us). When our kids reach high school we will either go private or move to Woodvale.

I don't know anything about Warwick.

Warwick and Duncrig are both good public schools. In the Northern suburbs , Carine is the public school that has the best reputation.

If you are in Mindarie then there is the college there , but that is only 10-12 . There are a few other options, Ocean Reef is also an Ok school

Warwick and Duncrig are both good public schools. In the Northern suburbs , Carine is the public school that has the best reputation.

If you are in Mindarie then there is the college there , but that is only 10-12 . There are a few other options, Ocean Reef is also an Ok school

Mindarie College is actually only years 11-12 and the kids generally feed from neighboring Kinross College which is a mid-school for years 6 - 10. If that helps.

Mindarie College is actually only years 11-12 and the kids generally feed from neighboring Kinross College which is a mid-school for years 6 - 10. If that helps.

Mindarie is really nice.

They ALMOST got my daughter back on track again, after her time at Kinross where she "fell amongst thieves" as the Bible says and became lazy and disobedient. Any attempts at discipline were laughed off.

Then she got to Mindarie and the teachers ignited her interest, and she really tried. Unfortunately too late to get decent marks and to do University subjects.

The teachers at Kinross seemed to have no idea on discipline. It never occurred to them break up a gang of girls who used to egg each other on to disobedience. I had to suggest it ....

I recommend you avoid Belrigde SHS. We only had bad experiences with this school over the years. School doesn't care about the kids and there are some bad influences.

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone for your comments/opinions/advice. It certainly helps to narrow down the "field", taking into account that each child is different, etc.

Just one more, please ... any comments on Balcatta Senior High School?

Thank you.

Noooooooooooooo

• Like 1

Balcatta is a definite NO. Duncraig is where my children go and like Mary they are very happy there.

To Enrica and Noele2106 - hehehe - thank you!

I'm very embarrassed to admit this, but I've got my grades and years mixed up. My daughter is in Grade 6 now and would have gone to Grade 7, start of High School, in VIC. But, last night, I was informed (very gladly), that high school in WA starts from Grade 8. This means, then we have a final year at a primary school in WA - just gives me a bit of a breather. Although I will have to start my search again for a primary school, I will do so with a high school in mind. For now, Duncraig, Carine & Woodvale are in my sights.

As always, I find the comments and advice so helpful - thank you for your input.

Hi Bevf

WA is moving towards having " middle school" wher students would start at the high school campus in year 7 . The private schools are on this system already , but I am not sure when the government schools are starting, it might be worth your while to check the respective websites.

Ocean Reef high school I have heard mixed things about - one woman told me her daughter refused to drink anything all day so that she wouldn't have to go to the toilet where the bullies hung out.

Others have told me that that's not so .....

Don't know what to believe.