My vent!

Lynnie

It has been 6 months since our carpets in our rental house has been cleaned and seeing that we had an inspection coming up we decided to have them cleaned, right?

So I made an apointment with Carpet cleaners to come yesterday at 11 am. The gentleman came, did the walk-through, he started cleaning and was finished at about 12 pm. He suggested the "heavy duty, deep clean" that was obviously more expensive, but I paid with a smile. He said it would take 2 hours for the carpets to dry. I stretched the time so that it was only 5pm when the kids and I first walked on the carpet to go upstairs (we have carpets upstairs in the bedrooms and on the stairs).

As we walked upstairs I watched in horror at all the stains on the "cleaned" carpets - my kids even asked me in confusion that they thought the carpets were cleaned!?? In every room there were the same stains as before the cleaning AND some new ones!!!! I was shocked! AND - there were places where the carpets were still wet, even though it had been 5 hours and with ALL the windows open....

So I phoned yesterday afternoon and the Irish owner said that he would ask the technician to phone me. I waited until this morning 10.30 and phoned, the Irishman said he would phone me back in 5 minutes... after an hour I phoned back and he said that the tecnician would phone me. So I told him that he said he would phone me back in 5 minutes and no one phoned. Then he got SO aggressive with me!!! I was in tears :cry: and I asked him how he could treat clients like this :angry2: ? He slammed down the phone in my ear!!!!!!!!!!! :boxing::censored: :censored: :censored:

After about 15 minutes the technician FINALLY phoned me and told me to "calm myself"!!??? I then explained to him why I was so p'd off and he understood and said he was only notified an hour earlier of my complaint....

He came this afternoon at 4pm and immediately upon seeing the stains said that it was new stains that was made AFTER he cleaned the carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fumed!!!!! No food/drink/pens etc are allowed upstairs because of the carpets.... I showed him the new stains but he was adement that HE did not cause it, I was adement that WE did not cause it.... :censored: :censored: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: I am VERY strict with my kids when it comes to that, especially because we are renting. And the stains are EVERYWHERE!!! I am SO insulted!

He then said that he would reclean it on Saturday....

Sorry - ek moes net afblaas... Is daar nie 'n raad waar mens hulle kan gaan aangee of complain nie???

Thank you for allowing me to vent... if you want the name of the "cleaners" pm me.

Sorry man. Ja-nee, waar jy ookal is, gaan daar wel companies met swak diens wees. Net jammer jy moes toe met hulle deal!

Weet jy, ek kan swak diens hanteer MAAR moenie die foon in my oor neergooi en MY blame vir JOU foute nie... skies ek is nogsteeds hewig ontsteld.

Een ding wat ek vd Aussies nou al agtergekom het (in my opinie) is dat hulle NIE jammer se nie.... ek het 'n paar ondervindinge nou al gehad en hulle se nie jammer nie - dit is waar die "No worries" vir my net nie lekker werk nie...

• Like 1

Offer him a cup of coffee. Then lace it with brooklax.

Just make sure you offer it to him as he's leaving :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Offer him a cup of coffee. Then lace it with brooklax.

Just make sure you offer it to him as he's leaving :ilikeit:

Otherwise there might be stains of a different type....

Sorry that you had such a bad experience, will make sure we don't use them for our carpets.

Hope he does a proper job on Saturday or else.....

I agree the "no worries" attitude isn't always appropriate and sometimes it just feel as if the specific person does not want to take responsibility.

Lynnie that is a stressful and lousy situation. Are you dealing with the owner of the company? To be honest I'm not sure what you can do. In Adelaide we could report dodgy businesses to OCBA (Office of consumer & business affairs). I'm not sure what your equivalent office is called. Maybe it's worth looking around online.

If they redo the carpets I recommend standing over them to check, preferably with a witness.

Usually tenants in Aus would only steam-clean carpets on exiting the lease, btw. But if you couldn't live with them...

Unfortunately carpet cleaning is often a dodgy industry. The last time we did ours the (tenants!) wouldn't believe we had cleaned them and I was forced to scan the receipt to the agency, grrr!

Een ding wat ek vd Aussies nou al agtergekom het (in my opinie) is dat hulle NIE jammer se nie.... ek het 'n paar ondervindinge nou al gehad en hulle se nie jammer nie - dit is waar die "No worries" vir my net nie lekker werk nie...

Stem 100% saam.

Unfortunately with a "wet" carpet cleaning process and the soapy residue it leaves, you very often will notice stains more and the soapy residue attracts new dirt very quickly.

Is there "chem-Dry" over there at all?

When they clean the second time, take photos as he's doing it and if you still don't have any luck then try and speak to the owner.

Unfortunately with a "wet" carpet cleaning process and the soapy residue it leaves, you very often will notice stains more and the soapy residue attracts new dirt very quickly.

Is there "chem-Dry" over there at all?

When they clean the second time, take photos as he's doing it and if you still don't have anIy luck then try and speak to the owner.

@Liz there is a type of Chem dry but last time I got a quote it was about 3-4 times the price of normal steam cleaning, so we gave it a miss :-(

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

Our rent agreement states we must clean the carpets every 6 months, and they steam cleaned it. When we walked upstairs for the 1st time after the cleaning the stains were already there... Before we went up I even washed my kids feet downstairs. And the man who slammed down the phone in my ear was the owner :censored:

O well - we'll have to wait for saturday ready with the camera :boxing:

Sorry girl! It certainly can ruin your week! Bad service indeed! :-(

So sorry to hear about your dilemma and obvious frustration as to the lack of service from this place. A pity your contract stipulate that you have to steam clean your carpets every six months - that must cost a fortune in the end. I've only had to steam clean carpets in properties we rented once we move out. Do you actually have to hand proof of the steam cleaning job to your agent letting the house?

No we don't have to hand them proof... but it was time for a clean anyway... They charge between $75 and $120 depending on how large the cleaning area is.

Now to see what happens saturday :closedeyes::boxing::whome: