Melbourne public schools - zone details

Eagle101

We are still in the process of investigating the public schooling options available to us.

Does anyone know if Is there a website listing all public schools and whether they are zoned or not, and if so, provide the zoning demarcations?

This info does not seem to be readily available, even on the websites of the various schools.

Thx.

http://www.myschool.edu.au/

Hi Basil and Liezl, hope you both well. I also had some suggestions from Mara and her friends depending on where you are planning to stay so maybe contact her. :) keep well.

Thanks May - best regards from all of us

No you would have to contact each school individually. Also not all schools are zoned, we live in Maroondah (Wonga Park / Warranwood / Croydon Hills / North Ringwood area) and the schools aren't zoned.

This does not mean they are bad schools, if you have a look at the myschools website there are plenty of excellent schools here and it is a headache for the headteachers here that each year the enrolment size is different and they have to take everybody. This also effects class sizes sometimes in a positive way - my youngest only has 18 kids in her class.

But it's good for us because I could choose which school I liked the best. But all the ones I looked at were great and had above average results on the myschool website.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks for this post and the handy websites...

• Like 1