GC

Midlander

Hello All,

We are looking for 1st hand advice on neighbourhoods between the GC and Brisbane. Keeping in mind that a good local state school is a priority.

The reason that we are looking between the 2 centres is that we feel that it will increase our options. Please also advise on north GC areas close to the coast.

I am aware of the available area profiles but would far prefer your personel comments.

Thanks to those that respond.

Hi Midlander

Yatala Development Corridor between Brisbane and the Gold Coast should be looked at seriously.

A friend of mine has her four children in RIVERMOUNT COLLEGE in Yatala:

www.rivermount.net

I have no knowledge of State Schools.

A beautiful new forest estate is being developed by Stockland: JACOBS RIDGE COUNTRY ESTATE

www.stockland.com.au

This area is slap bang in the middle between Brisbane and Gold Coast. More established suburbs:

Ormeau &Pimpama

www.realestate.com.au

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Midlander

Yatala Development Corridor between Brisbane and the Gold Coast should be looked at seriously.

A friend of mine has her four children in RIVERMOUNT COLLEGE in Yatala:

www.rivermount.net

I have no knowledge of State Schools.

A beautiful new forest estate is being developed by Stockland: JACOBS RIDGE COUNTRY ESTATE

www.stockland.com.au

This area is slap bang in the middle between Brisbane and Gold Coast. More established suburbs:

Ormeau &Pimpama

www.realestate.com.au

Hi Midlander

I am on the Gold Coast - middle section... most of the state schools in this area are good. Are you needing for junior or high???

The Coomera Waters, Hope Island, Monterey Keys, Oyster Cove areas are also good - not sure of public schools in this area though.

I know a good couple of state schools in my area that I can advise you on. What line of work are you both in?

Listen, public schools are very different - long hair boys and girls, not tied up, make up acceptable, jewellery accceptable, school uniforms rather scruffy, but kids get a fairly good education and if they can choose their friends wisely they will adapt. My daughter battled in year 8 as these kids were way ahead of her socially (rather streetwise!!!) But found decent girls and settled down after a few months.

regards

Heather

• 9 months later...
Guest Ninja Turtle

Hope Island, Monterey Keys, Sanctuary Cove... All good areas, but can be a bit expensive. Depends what you can afford. St Stevens is a very good private school.

I live in Hope Island, and you would be hard pressed to find a lifestyle like this anywhere in SA. Its a gated community with cycling tracks that will keep your kids busy all day long, with resort style swimming pools, golf courses, tennis courts, and a shopping centre in the middle that is just a short golf buggy ride away.

Hope Island, and you would be hard pressed to find a lifestyle like this anywhere in SA. Its a gated community with cycling tracks that will keep your kids busy all day long, with resort style swimming pools, golf courses, tennis courts, and a shopping centre in the middle that is just a short golf buggy ride away.

And a price to suit!!!???? Hope ya gotta lotta money!!