Medicals: Where to??

Ok, way may be a bit on the early side. We applied for 136 in October last year and decided to start frontloading of the medicals and police clearance.

We will go for medicals on Tuesday and the doctor will courier the results - but they need to know where to send it to. Am I right if I say its the same adress as the main application (the one in Sydney) - they just need to reference my file number. Or are there a different address?

Hi All,

We applied for 136 in October last year and decided to start frontloading of the medicals and police clearance.

I did not know that one can go for medicals without a request from your Case Officer ;). I know that you can go for medicals without a formal request from your Case Officer if you applied for a SIR 495, I did not know that one can go for medicals without a request from your Case Officer when you applied for PR 136.

After applying for PR 136, should one wait for the Case Officer to request medicals or can one just decide to go for it and quote your reference number?

Thanks!

Pippa! X

After applying for PR 136, should one wait for the Case Officer to request medicals or can one just decide to go for it and quote your reference number?

Hello there,

We frontloaded our meds & Pcc about 5 months after we lodged a 136MODL and all was fine. The doctor should know were to send it to.

Good Luck. ;)

HI there

Your meds needs to be sent to LCU in Sydney

THeir address

Courier address

Local Clearance Unit

Level 3/26 Lee Street

Sydney NSW 2000

Postal address

GPO Box 9984

Sydney NSW 2001

Cheers

Hi Pippa

This was discussed in some length on one of the previous posts; Once you have your reference number then you do not need to wait for the CO to request your medical.

The medicals take about two months to process so it can be a good idea to front load them. We sent did our medicals in January and are still waiting (!! same old same old) so if you want to expedite the application you should send the meds and PCC early.

Cindy

Hi Pippa

This was discussed in some length on one of the previous posts; Once you have your reference number then you do not need to wait for the CO to request your medical.

The medicals take about two months to process so it can be a good idea to front load them. We sent did our medicals in January and are still waiting (!! same old same old) so if you want to expedite the application you should send the meds and PCC early.

Cindy

When you booked your medicals did you book a separate appointment for the x-rays with the radiologist at the same time or does the doctor have to refer you to the radiologist?

I wold suggest you check this with the receptionist when you book your medicals. The radiologist we went to did not operate on an appointment system, we just rocked up there about an hour before our doctor's appointment.

Cheers

C