Cream in Oz

AllisonW

I use a lot of cream in my baking and cooking but have struggled to find normal cream here. Perhaps i am looking in the wrong place. I see sour cream, normal and light and double cream. All other cream has been thickened with gelatine which makes me want to gag at the thought! Can anyone help?

Hi,

I went to Coles today and there is a brand called "Pauls" that make "normal" cream specifically for baking.

Happy baking :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

I also like to bake. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh wow there is so much to get used to in Aus, however I am sure we just have to do a little extra to find what we need.

Enjoy baking.

Also check out Groupon. Some awesome deals :ilikeit:

Just be careful with Groupon and Scoupon - we've had some of the dealers not honoring the vouchers and obviously we don't get the money back :angry2:

Thanks Lynnie. I will pop into Coles and check it out. In terms of baking supplies i have found their stock really good. And i pretty much find flour, eggs, butter, baking powder. bi carb, milk to be much of the muchness! I find that i am more inspired to bake here because i have more time but also because good baked goods are really pricey here. I gag at paying $6-$9 for a banana loaf. Thats a bit much for me, especially when i can make 3 for $5 and give one to my neighbours or pay $2-3 for one chocolate scone. I love the chocolate chip ranges etc and i have to admit that i do keep some of the pre mixes at home - ( hope the purists dont kill me!!) I didnt really in SA but at 75c at Aldi for the basic sponge I find them pretty good to just mix up for the kids at home, with just some milk and an egg or two i have a cake for the kids at under $2.

• Like 1

I've also turned to box mixes in recent years, hehe.

I like the Basco vanilla one. It's quite yummy.