Orthodontist

VeraB

Hi, can any-one refer me to a South African orthodontist - preferably in Adelaide. I have a son with braces and he is in the middle of treatment. The doctor here wants to replace all the braces at a cost of $4,800 to continue treatment. I am looking for another opinion as we have already paid out alot of money the first time! Thanks!

Edited by VeraB
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Vera,

Why did he want to remove the braces, I ask bec my son needs them but I wont be here in 18 months. I just had to change dentists bec the first one messed up my teeth now I need an implant that takes months.

Hi, can any-one refer me to a South African orthodontist - preferably in Adelaide. I have a son with braces and he is in the middle of treatment. The doctor here wants to replace all the braces at a cost of $4,800 to continue treatment. I am looking for another opinion as we have already paid out alot of money the first time! Thanks!

We're in the same boat. She has had about 7 months of braces, so it's the last stretch. I haven't had time to find an orthodontist yet, but I will just bluntly refuse replacing the braces. If they're not prepared to finish it with the current braces, then they can take it off as most of the job is done and we'll leave it as is.

Initially when I read this my immediate reaction was why would he do that - he just wants to rip you off! But if you think about it, it could be that they use different technology in Aus vs RSA and also that one dr may not want to complete a job half done from another dr as the end result will reflect on him and he would not have had control over how well the 1st part of it was done.