Looking for an architectural job in BNE or GC

Sa2Nz2Oz

Im looking for a position as Architectural Technician either in Gold Coast or Brisbane. I have worked in both cities in this position and wanting to relocate back there. I have NZ citizenship with 4.5 years exp there and 2 years exp in Aus. Any leads or help will be appreciated to make my move easier. You can PM if you want. Thanks

Things are not easy here in that line at the moment. My husbands Architect friends were very concerned he would not find work. One of the biggest firms here just laid off many people. That being said, if you have what they are looking for, there are jobs to be had. After a few days of settling in, my husband used the "shotgun approach". He sent out CV's to many companies using the blind copy email system. He got a call the same day, had an interview that week and was offered the job immediately. The guy obviously needed what my husband was offering at the time. He started working within 2weeks of arrival. We found the Gold Coast to be dead which was a pity as that's where we would have liked to live.

• Like 1

Sharon, I am so aware of the problem in that field and that is such a worry to me at the moment. Ive been through a retrenchment in 2008 GFC whilst I lived on GCoast, I did find work in BNE and travelled every day to work on the brilliant train service. Is your husband an architect or technician /draughtsman? Which Company did he find work with?