OFFICE COMP PROGRAM

MANDYL

Does anyone know which Comp program Oz uses in their office day to day work. I work for a Law firm in Pretoria and work on MS Word. Should I be lucky and find myself a job in a similar environment in Oz what comp programs do they use ?

Hi MandyL,

The places I've worked, use MSOffice applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint and also Outlook for email. There are some companies that use Lotus Notes instead of Outlook though - I personally prefer Outlook.

One less thing to worry about!!

SAS

Edited by SASydneysider

thanks ! I'm quite prepared to go on a couple of courses if needs be but very happy to hear we all work on MSWord etc. It will make life easier in the interviews as well

Just about everybody around Oz use the Microsoft products for their admin needs. Somepeople use MOYB to admin a small to meduim business. I'm not very familiar with the latter, but i have heard that is easy to learn and use. :P

You also very seldom encounter people using other operating systems than Windows. I get theimpression that when people hear about someone who uses something else for an operating sytem, e.g. Unix, the sort od autmatically suspect th eguy to be a hacker. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

Cheers,

dax

Don't say hacker like its a bad thing ! :ilikeit::P

Edited by Arthur